what was johnny depp's last great movie?

Sensitive Blake Griffin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I liked Sweeney Todd, but I love Tim Burton's surrealist style so maybe I'm biased, I heard Rango was good but I have no interest in seeing it. Public enemies was terrible, I've heard his performance in black mass is good but that the film is average

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I was really disappointed in Rango. Did not think it was very good. :yeshrug:

I haven't seen Black Mass yet, so Pirates would be his last good movie to me. Public Enemies was trash.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
- Pirates Of The Caribbean : The Curse Of The Black Pearl - Okay, finally, a movie that deserves consideration for being GREAT. I think that this might be the one. After being bombarded by blockbusters over the past 15 years, this might seem a little run-of-the-mill at first glance, but at the time, it really did feel a little ground-breaking and new (Or, at the very least, it was a new take on an old Hollywood genre aka swashbuckling for gen-x/millennials). Not only was this a great movie, but Johnny Depp was genuinely great in it.
the first pirates is arguably a classic movie, and he KILLEd that shyt

the second one :scusthov:
the third one :scust:

i just saw black mass and thought it was pretty fukkin good, knowing that area helps. definitely not great or a classic, but good flick

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Minus the prosthetics and Boston accent I didn't think his performance was anything special :jbhmm:

I guess by his recent standards it was a step up but it's not like we haven't seen him play those types of flat, monotone, permafried characters dozens of times before. :manny:
:ehh: thats a good point

boston george, if he stuck around boston :dead: