what was johnny depp's last great movie?

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
with all the recent divorce talk with him and amber heard, i got to thinkin', when the last time bruh put out a great movie?:patrice:

Box Cutta

Bumbling Sidekick
Daps
Reppin
Sanitation Department
Johnny Depp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
yW26OLc.png

I actually haven't seen a Johnny Depp movie since Alice In Wonderland (2010)....:manny: That film was uniquely bad. In fact, that might be the reason why I haven't checked out one of his flicks since....:laugh:

- Public Enemies is about as boring, dry, and safe of a movie as you can make out of that subject matter. Completely forgettable. No insight into the human condition. No comments on poverty and crime. Just a plain documentation of the time period.

- Sweeney Todd...believe it or not, I actually enjoyed this. But to be honest, I almost always enjoy musicals. I think they're fun. Great movie though? No, not by any means.

- The first two pirates sequels...I respect them, but I don't really like them. It's cool that they took this fun, family orientated, adventure movie and made these bizarre, almost bittersweet sequels out of them. They are actually some of the bravest sequels to have come out in the past 20 years (Matrix Sequels still take the cake). But they weren't my cup of tea and I feel like the filmmakers let the "shipping" nonsense and popularity of Jack Sparrow's character interfere with the story.

- Corpse Bride - Never saw it.

- Charlie and the Chocolate Factory....you can't take that classic story and make THAT out of it. Deep is SO bad compared to Gene WIlder.

- Haven't seen Finding Neverland or Secret Window.

- Pirates Of The Caribbean : The Curse Of The Black Pearl - Okay, finally, a movie that deserves consideration for being GREAT. I think that this might be the one. After being bombarded by blockbusters over the past 15 years, this might seem a little run-of-the-mill at first glance, but at the time, it really did feel a little ground-breaking and new (Or, at the very least, it was a new take on an old Hollywood genre aka swashbuckling for gen-x/millennials). Not only was this a great movie, but Johnny Depp was genuinely great in it.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
gotdamn, this muthafukka depp got a shyt load of horrible movies :mjlol:

i think the last movie of his i enjoyed was the 1st pirates of the caribbean. i've only seen some of the 2nd and none of the 3 and 4th 1s

i might go back and watch the last 3 pirates for the hell of it this weekend

shyt, while i'm at it, i'mma revisit edward scissorhands for old time's sake too :wow:

Batter Up

Superstar
Daps
He was ridiculous in black mask. One of HIS BEST performances. Dude was scary lookin

Minus the prosthetics and Boston accent I didn't think his performance was anything special :jbhmm:

I guess by his recent standards it was a step up but it's not like we haven't seen him play those types of flat, monotone, permafried characters dozens of times before. :manny: