What videogame franchise had the worst falloff?

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Saints Row

:stopitslime:
The first 2 are classics but they fell off hard after that.
Grand Theft Auto - Terrible fall from grace.

Honourable mention for Def Jam FFNY to Icon - Absolutely despicable what they done to that franchise.
:what:
2k has been dope for many years but 2k19 was such a flop for a franchise mode gamer. I hope 2k gets back on track. Madden been awful since they got that deal with the NFL. FIFA is hit or miss for me.

For me, this will always be Live and WWE2k. I used to love WWE games back in the Smackdown and other games where you didn't have to grable for everything and doing a finisher was simple. Now, this game is retarded. Live completely fell off. It's trash for the most part.
No offense but your gripe with the WWE games sounds like you just want elementary wrestling games. 2k19 was the first WWE game since 2k14 to get critically praised for the most part. Live has also bounced back quite nicely and even made 2K adopt the WNBA mode.

Last edited:

HiiiPower

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Gears of War :troll:

Saints Row

:stopitslime:

Final Fantasy

Fallout. Go from goat contender to online survival:trash:

Silent hill
:francis:

"Mass Effect" easily, and by a wide margin.

Fred.

Halo and COD

Def Jam FFNY to Icon will always get my vote:hhh:

All of the right answers, if I could rep all of you I would

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
I waa always a 2K guy even as far back as to when it was 'ESPN:Basketball' but Live was the go to for the majority of my peers growing up. Live '04 to this day is regarded by many who came up in that era as arguably the greatest NBA game of its' respective decade. Thats why its so crazy to me how badly EA lost that war. Everyone and their mother was putting Live over 2K during the early 00's. They went from being the #1 to barely being in any homes at all by '09. 2K officially gained substantial ground with 2K7 in '06 and Live never recovered from that right hook. The series was pretty much on the ropes and objectively went down for the count with the debacle that was NBA Elite.
Live gotta be the answer... Went from a monopoly... To the greatest out of 5-6 games... to barely getting passed up... to not even putting out a game... to being the shyttiest NBA game on the market... and that didn't even take 5 years of time

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Call of Duty, people still play but back in the day EVERYONE was playing, the peak was so high and now they change the style each year trying to regain the glory

Negus in Detroit

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Socom even though the last release bombing was out of their control that series was supposed to be contending with BF and COD