What should Sony do to compete with Xcloud and Gamepass (Expectations of 100 million subscribers once Activision deal goes through) 2024 Sony Copying

8.TRES

All Star
Daps
i dont think sony really needs to do anything; i think enough folk enjoy the quality of sony's exclusive games, that's always been the draw of playstation

off top my five favorite games from the last generation are all playstation exclusives minus dishonored, most my people who play video games dolo feel the same way

gamepass sounds like a good deal for someone who already fukks w xbox but if i only had to choose one it doesnt have joints like god of war, last of us, spiderman and ghosts to justify it

its a cool technology but i always find that i enjoy the games that are only on playstation more than general games because their studios really go all out, gamepass just doesnt have that

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
Sony is leveraging Xcloud technologies for Playstation and Microsoft still hasn't proven that Gamepass is a system seller. It's a great to have but is it a must have? The Playstation numbers in comparison to XBOX say no.

This. The mass market will decide if Playstation has to really answer Gamepass or not.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Sony should concede and strike a deal with Microsoft to bring gamepass to playstation and let that psnow shyt go. Maybe add some playstation exclusives to the service to sweeten the deal for Microsoft.

They really don't have the money to compete if Microsoft keeps buying large publishers like Bethesda.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Sony should concede and strike a deal with Microsoft to bring gamepass to playstation and let that psnow shyt go. Maybe add some playstation exclusives to the service to sweeten the deal for Microsoft.

They really don't have the money to compete if Microsoft keeps buying large publishers like Bethesda.

I think the only reason Microsoft struck a deal was due to Sony buying up all third party exclusives (NextGen) which also could of stunted any GamePass growth.

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
I think the only reason Microsoft struck a deal was due to Sony buying up all third party exclusives (NextGen) which also could of stunted any GamePass growth.
I don't think Microsoft cares about Sony paying for timed exclusives and they have more than enough money to compete with that if they wanted to pay for timed exclusives themselves.

Microsoft seems to think a netflix type of service in the gaming industry is the future and far more important than developing a new console to sell at a loss every few years. They might be right too.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
As much as y’all like Xbox and want them to I guess “beat PlayStation” the masses fukk with Sony heavy. I don’t think PlayStation needs to do much, they got two models kinda similar and they seem fine with it. As long as Sony has dope ip’s they won’t flat out copy and release their version of gamepass. At this point I feel the big 3 are comfortable in what they bring to the table, M$ carved out their lane which is dope

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Success is made in profit brother

Not “Issa lotta nikkaz using this”
They’ve already said it’s making them money. Individual devs have said the same. 20 million people in just 3 years. If all those people have just put in $5 that’s a lot of money which will continue to grow and compound. We’ve seen this with countless subscription services already.

ItWasWritten

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Scriptures
They’ve already said it’s making them money. Individual devs have said the same. 20 million people in just 3 years. If all those people have just put in $5 that’s a lot of money which will continue to grow and compound. We’ve seen this with countless subscription services already.

Last I heard it wasn’t profitable, I don’t care what developers are getting , they probably have a pre set deal...

If Netflix isn’t profitable I find hard to believe Gamepass is

What’s it doing for Xbox specifically brother ?

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Even with gamepass Series X and S has sold less than the Xbox 1 in the first few months ouch:francis:

I personally love what their doing because I already got a switch and ps5 so when I cop a Xbox later I won’t have to pay as much for games. It’s a win for multiple console gamers :mjlit:

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
The Question should be is GamePass enough to compete with Sony

Cuz it wasn’t last few years
It absolutely will be in the future starting this fall so sony should be worried. Xbox has about 40+ teams making large AAA and AA and A games. Sony should absolutely be watching closely.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Last I heard it wasn’t profitable, I don’t care what developers are getting , they probably have a pre set deal...

If Netflix isn’t profitable I find hard to believe Gamepass is

What’s it doing for Xbox specifically brother ?
It’s already profitable.

Netflix is profitable as well, they just turn that profit right around and invest in more content.