What Researchers Discovered When They Sent 80,000 Fake Resumes to U.S. Jobs

Daps
They know they are lying this study has been done all throughout the years and nothing has changed...:beli: white owned companies are inherently biased...
But they just say we need to stop giving our kids black names. It’s the same study. I want to see the black resumes with better qualifications, not equal. And I want to see white vs Asian, since they love to use Asians as a shield. Let’s see if Chiyo Katsayu, and David Yu get called before Blake Smith, and Megan Vacarro.

(Those are the best Asian names I could come up with.)

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
But they just say we need to stop giving our kids black names. It’s the same study. I want to see the black resumes with better qualifications, not equal. And I want to see white vs Asian, since they love to use Asians as a shield. Let’s see if Chiyo Katsayu, and David Yu get called before Blake Smith, and Megan Vacarro.

Man, not going to lie, talking from what I've seen. They love hires with simple Asian last names but American first names.

Someone named David Yu definitely going to be getting a lot of interviews as would something like Brandon Kim.
Again, from what I've seen, if they graduate from a good school like a Caltech or M.I.T they're 99% of the time the top of the resume pile.

Last edited:

Van Cleef

All Star
Daps

what happen when u show up to the interview and they see that ur black?

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
I find it interesting the worst offenders were retail or car sales (customer facing interaction) jobs.

I would ask is it more damning that the companies were the worst offenders or that their discrimination may have been enhanced by a general population with a negative view of a Black salesperson.

The first can be fixed by HR and management, but the second :sas2:

Daps
what happen when u show up to the interview and they see that ur black?
They can claim you weren’t the best person for the job. But at least you got into the door in the first place. You have to get the interview in order to show what you’re capable of. Not every person and job interviewing you is racist, or white. Plenty of black people work in HR.

This isn’t to say every white person gets every job they apply and interview for.

UpNext

Superstar
Daps
“Bu bu bu bu bu i want racism out in the open. In my face. So i can see it. And feel it. Keep it real. Thats all i ask”

No surprise here. We once said wait til the old racist die. But btw self hating clowns and new age maga racist, this shyt will be around longer than expected.
These studies need to continue to happen because the racism isn't so open and most these dudes with this talking point (despite what they might say) acted like it was dead during the Obama era and act like all this Trump shyt is brand new.

But yeah I guess the covert form is better because it means you can ignore it easier despite the fact that it was still going on, and Lord knows the people who want the racism to continue to be covert more than anything don't want to actually confront it. They've been doing studies like this since the 80's. Nothing in this thread is new.:yeshrug:

Yzak

All Star
Bushed
Daps
:beli: I'm shocker that white companies would outright discriminate against black applicants SHOCKED.....:comeon: its "inherent" in them to do that havent they figured it out by now??? :what:
This a groundbreaking study, nobody ever knew stuff like this occurred. Who would've thought people are bias towards their own :ohhh:

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
How many times are they going to keep doing the same experiment?

This same study gets done every 2 years. Everybody fleecing and scamming, even the researchers. Charging to run the same study over and over.