What replaced Torrents?

B86

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Da Burgh
This is a good question, bluetoothing music in the car isn't as practical as just having a flash drive full of downloaded albums and scrolling through em to play your favorite track..anyone still do this? Recommend any sites to get albums?
It kinda is practical being that if your stereo has any type of voice recognition or you have the car Alexa, you can tell it to play anything and it's going to play it as long as you have some kind of streaming service

You could also just upload your downloaded files to Google Play Music then there's your flash drive with you at all times, but digital...

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Newsgroups have long retention, but torrents effectively have better retention due to DCMA takedowns affecting newsgroups very heavily
Most scenes obfuscate their shyt now to get around DCMA takedowns. Usually only have to worry about it heavily regarding the most popular things and like I said with obfuscation and the fact there may be like 100+ uploads minimizes the issue.

Plus if you automate all your shyt, you never really have to worry about it.

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Most scenes obfuscate their shyt now to get around DCMA takedowns. Usually only have to worry about it heavily regarding the most popular things and like I said with obfuscation and the fact there may be like 100+ uploads minimizes the issue.

Plus if you automate all your shyt, you never really have to worry about it.
Yeah mine is automated. But when it comes time to get older stuff, especially black stuff, shyt has hella missing blocks and usually fail. That's when torrents come into play.

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
20 years later and nikkas still don’t know about IRC...
20 years is as long as its been since I used IRC.

Are XDCC bots still popping?

I know its pointless to ask, but anyone have any in for PTP and BTN? :yeshrug: