What replaced Torrents?

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Nothing has replaced torrents but usenet and newsgroups are making a comeback, but they are harder to use than torrents so it will always be a learning curve obstacle compared to torrents. But usually you get max download speeds and most newshosting services have retention up to 10 years which is longer than most torrents can stay seeded.

p.s fukk the FBI. Suck my dikk.

p.p.s. If you're real serious about media content, look into getting a Synology server and the following link will show you how to automate all your shyt.
The Ultimate Server Part 1 - Getting Started — Cutting Cords

If you do the above, its like setting up your own personal DVR and TV+movie provider

Last edited:

Patrick Kane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Streaming :ehh:

Nothing that serious to watch or listen to if I can't stream it :manny:

Tons of free sites for movies/shows and I pay 10 bucks a month for Tidal which covers my music needs :whew:

Free

Filé com Fritas
Daps
:wow:

EwXBbqe.png

PbeSMBY.png

lBnHOkh.png

:wow:

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
Nothing. They're still around, just more underground. I hear they're making a comeback in the mainstream, so here we go with maggie and sarah killing the scene again. :shaq2:

A lot of people don't even know that piratebay has been back for a cpl years now. :pachaha:dont burn the spot. :usure:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
kickasscracks

i don't mess with cracked windows apps:hubie:

only open-source and freeware apps :smugbiden:

el_oh_el

Bulls On Parade...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Nothing has replaced torrents but usenet and newsgroups are making a comeback, but they are harder to use than torrents so it will always be a learning curve obstacle compared to torrents. But usually you get max download speeds and most newshosting services have retention up to 10 years which is longer than most torrents can stay seeded.

p.s fukk the FBI. Suck my dikk.

p.p.s. If you're real serious about media content, look into getting a Synology server and the following link will show you how to automate all your shyt.
The Ultimate Server Part 1 - Getting Started — Cutting Cords

If you do the above, its like setting up your own personal DVR and TV+movie provider
Newsgroups have long retention, but torrents effectively have better retention due to DCMA takedowns affecting newsgroups very heavily