What razor y'all using to avoid razor bumps?

Daps
It's not really about razors when you have black hair. You're going to get razor bumps/ingrown hairs and it's worse for someone like me with senstive skin. What I use to get rid of them and keep myself from getting a large amount of them is this

handsewing-needles2.jpg

127045-600x600-A.jpg

41Boq+GkWPL._SX466_.jpg

Last edited:

Reflected

Living in fear in the year of the tiger.
Daps
Are you going with or against the grain? I can't count one hand the amount of times I have had razor bumps, and when I encounter people that get them with every shave, they are usually shaving against the grain, which is a recipe for inflammation.

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
Its a process but the first thing is to treat your skin.
You need a facial cleaning routine soap with no perfumes (for sensitive skin folk) I use organic Blacksoap or cetaphil or Dominican coconut oil/cuaba soap ,
an astringent I use tea tree oil,
a good post shave routine like hot towels,
a facial moisturizer I use Palmers facial moisturizer or raw Shea butter. Think of your hair growing on your face like sex (super pause) if your skin is dry and clogged you hairs are bound to get ingrown. Just like your meat :dame:would chafe hitting a dry fish shorty
If you're going to use razors Pick a shaving cream try something with no scent I personally mix any shaving cream I buy with coconut oil, Then pick a shaving method with your routine also use astringent and moisturizer after shaving.
Andis electric shaver for me and straight razors pro tip is also very important to keep those extremely sharp and clean I use 90 proof alcohol and tea tree oil to clean my equipment and i clean my equipment twice a week at least. Basically look at how a barber treats his equipment you have to become obsessed about it.

As far as those shaving kits from Gillette and shick etc etc them thangs is for cacs and they drag you hairs and get dirty easily and are hard to clean without replacing. Just by having this routine (and a good diet) I look 15 years younger than my actual age.

Renegade47

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
North South East West
you cant avoid em. grow your beard and just keep it in shape and maybe take it down a lil bit but if you shaving it all the way down you can not avoid em.