What Playstation First Party "Exclusive" Is Coming To Gamepass Next?

What do ya'll think brehs?

• Days Gone

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Horizon 1/2

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • God Of War 1/2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • TLOU2

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Spiderman 1/2

• Something Else

• Total voters

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
MLB is the publisher on Xbox. Yeah you wanna use MLBs license then you pay them for it and they give you the terms. Seems like MLB wanted the game on more than just Playstation seeing as it's the only baseball game worth anything.

I wonder how much microsoft had to pay to get it on gamepass? I wonder if San Diego studio is making more money because its on gamepass because of that?

This is the most fascinating shyt to ever happen in video games and you almost kind of have to assume the splits are highly favored for Sony. This is such good PR for Microsoft and at this point they expect that its gonna be on gamepass annually now. So, its not like they can just tell sony too bad, when they make the game.

The only way i see this working long term is, for microsoft it makes gamepass look better, for sony it makes them more money, for MLB it not only makes them money for the game but it advertises the actual MLB to more people.

For Sony 40% of 90 is probably better than 100% of 25

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I wonder how much microsoft had to pay to get it on gamepass? I wonder if San Diego studio is making more money because its on gamepass because of that?

This is the most fascinating shyt to ever happen in video games and you almost kind of have to assume the splits are highly favored for Sony. This is such good PR for Microsoft and at this point they expect that its gonna be on gamepass annually now. So, its not like they can just tell sony too bad, when they make the game.

The only way i see this working long term is, for microsoft it makes gamepass look better, for sony it makes them more money, for MLB it not only makes them money for the game but it advertises the actual MLB to more people.

For Sony 30% of 90 is probably better than 100% of 25%
I believe the publisher gets all that money. San Diego Studio and Sony probably don't get anything related to Game Pass because they aren't involved in publishing it on Xbox.

It honestly looks like Sony went to renew the deal and MLB wanted the game on other platforms. Sony agrees to the port but hands the publishing over to MLB because they asked for that and MLB and Microsoft put it on Game Pass. I'm guessing Microsoft paid well for that.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
I believe the publisher gets all that money. San Diego Studio and Sony probably don't get anything related to Game Pass because they aren't involved in publishing it on Xbox.

It honestly looks like Sony went to renew the deal and MLB wanted the game on other platforms. Sony agrees to the port but hands the publishing over to MLB because they asked for that and MLB and Microsoft put it on Game Pass. I'm guessing Microsoft paid well for that.

Which makes me think, if its not financially beneficial for Sony to develop these games every year (since they don’t own the multi-plat publishing) i wonder if they’d be better off just not making them? The Show is good because it’s a sony 1st party game, I’m sure there is no one else that could make a baseball game as good. It’s literally been years and no one else has stepped up to the plate (no pun) to outdo them.

Sony def has leverage here if they aren’t ok with the splits.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Which makes me think, if its not financially beneficial for Sony to develop these games every year (since they don’t own the multi-plat publishing) i wonder if they’d be better off just not making them? The Show is good because it’s a sony 1st party game, I’m sure there is no one else that could make a baseball game as good. It’s literally been years and no one else has stepped up to the plate (no pun) to outdo them.

Sony def has leverage here if they aren’t ok with the splits.
Sony doesn't really lose anything over this. I'm pretty sure The Show sells well for them but nobody is leaving Playstation and getting an Xbox because The Show is on Xbox now. No doubt they got something from this. Maybe MLB gave them a better deal on the license if they agreed to let them publish it on Xbox. The game on Xbox simply introduces it to a new audience. Doesn't impact the original audience so for Sony this was win win.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Sony doesn't really lose anything over this. I'm pretty sure The Show sells well for them but nobody is leaving Playstation and getting an Xbox because The Show is on Xbox now. No doubt they got something from this. Maybe MLB gave them a better deal on the license if they agreed to let them publish it on Xbox. The game on Xbox simply introduces it to a new audience. Doesn't impact the original audience so for Sony this was win win.

The game had record sales the last two years in a row, and there was only one place to play it. that had to help sony far more than it would help them as a multiplatform.

This would make more sense to me if it were sony publishing it like how microsoft publishes Ori on the switch