What Now Kyle? 2024 49ers Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I was hanging with one of my friends yesterday and her 8 year old daughter was home. They lived in KC for the first 3-4 years of her life and somehow she’s a KC fan despite her dad being a niners fan. I start talking about the niners upcoming season, so goes up to her room and comes down in her Manommes jersey and proceeds to talk big shyt about the Super Bowl loss to me…:mjlol:

Kids are fukking mean :mjcry:

yseJ

Empire strikes back
Daps
Reppin
The Yay
I know Jed and Paraag salty :heh:

They caved with the Bosa deal and it’s looking like they’ll cave with the deals for Aiyuk and Trent

I can’t wait for the discussions around Brock’s deal next year :russ:
I don't think Jed cares. It's a cap thing. For Jed, this franchise is doing great. Owners don't care as much for SB wins as fans do at all... but they also don't care about which player they pay money under the cap for :manny:

Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
I know Jed and Paraag salty :heh:

They caved with the Bosa deal and it’s looking like they’ll cave with the deals for Aiyuk and Trent

I can’t wait for the discussions around Brock’s deal next year :russ:

Not much u can do when it comes to Glock getting his money. If dude has another big year.... man :wow:

But yeah the whole Aiyuk thing has been a gigantic waste of time.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Let's take a look at our Running backs

Runningbacks

Christian McCaffrey - Not much needs to be said about the best RB in the NFL and past years OPOY. He can run and catch with equal skill making him an offensive weapon that can be slotted almost anywhere. He runs routes with receiver precision and he run around you and is strong enough to run over you and quick enough to shake defender. Despite having an injury history he has been fairly healthy during his 49ers tenure. But Kyle needs to drop his usage to prolong his career as the team has two other talented backs on the roster who can spell him.

Performance: A+
Potential: A
Overall: A+

Jordan Mason - Big and powerful. He is the perfect back to spell CMC. He is a punishing bruiser who has is a blocker and a better catcher out the backfield than he gets credit for. He needs way more snaps. He should have been RB2 last year.

Performance: B
Potential: B
Overall: B

Elijah Mitchell - Former 6 the round picks. Mitchell at time looked like the 2nd coming of Frank Gore but injuries have kept him off the field more often than not. Even so he is a cost efficient option who can still give you 4+ yards a carry. Just have to keep his snaps controlled

Performance: C
Potential: C+
Overall: C

Isaac Guerrendo - 4th rounder with a sub 4.3 potential. But watching the tape in college and it shows in camp. He has poor vision which limits his versatility. He may need some seasoning before he is ready for primetime.

Performance: C-
Potential: C+

Matt Breida - Former UDFA from 2017. Breida had an impressive rookie year but after the 2019 season he has been a journeyman last seen on the Giants. I see Breida as a 4th back. I think his experience and proven production is a safer bet than Guerendo's raw talent.

Performance: C
Potential: C

Cody Schroeder - UDFA Rookie. He is an interesting prospect. He may have an outside chance of making the 53 roster but will likely be a practice squad player.

Performance: C-
Potential: C-
Overall: C-

Patrick Taylor: Journeyman RB. Will likely be stashed on the practice squad as an emergency power back.

Performance: D
Potential: D
Overall: D

Keyshawn Vaughn: Another practice squad journeyman.

Performance: F
Potential: D
Overall: D+

Unit Analysis: The Depth Chart is set on this unit with the only question marks in my opinion is who makes the roster between Matt Breida and Cody Schroeder. With that said Shanahan and crew need to lean in more on the backups. They are too talented to not get snaps and it is not necessary for this offense to spam Christian McCaffrey much as they did last season.

Unit Grade: A

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.