What movie will do better at the box office, Across The Spiderverse or Super Mario Bros?

Which movie will be a bigger box office hit?

• Spider-Man Across The Spiderverse

Votes: 37 56.9%
  • The Super Mario Bros Movie

Votes: 28 43.1%

• Total voters

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
We're in the minority over lousy ass pratt.

You really Peter Parker gonna beat motherfukkin mario like that?
mario is more popular in gaming, spider-man is more popular in film

Its really hard to say. Pikachu and pokemon is the biggest media franchise out right now but that didn’t generate to box office success.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem

Yes, historically video game movies have never done that well. Spiderverse 2 is likely going to sell at least 400 million. if mario does over 400mill it would put it in the running for highest grossing video game movie of all time, because none of them have done more than 430 million. Nothing about this film or it's hype screams all time record breaking video game movie

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

this next one doesn’t center around miles as well?

not directed at you but I know ppl casually associate spider-man with parker but I think the last spider-verse flick did an excellent job of establishing miles as his own (spider) man…and I expect this one will be bigger as it builds off the previous one…if this was the first entry then I would’ve definitely leaned toward mario

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Yes, historically video game movies have never done that well. Spiderverse 2 is likely going to sell at least 400 million. if mario does over 400mill it would put it in the running for highest grossing video game movie of all time, because none of them have done more than 430 million. Nothing about this film or it's hype screams all time record breaking video game movie
I dunno man...Nintendo being actively involved in it so they don't fukk it up...plus Nintendo Land opening 2ish months before the flick...I can see this doing gangbusters pretty easily off hype alone.

If sonic 2 did 400m...mario gonna do that or better.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
this next one doesn’t center around miles as well?

not directed at you but I know ppl casually associate spider-man with parker but I think the last spider-verse flick did an excellent job of establishing miles as his own (spider) man…and I expect this one will be bigger as it builds off the previous one…if this was the first entry then I would’ve definitely leaned toward mario
Yeah it's primarily miles

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
mario is more popular in gaming, spider-man is more popular in film

Its really hard to say. Pikachu and pokemon is the biggest media franchise out right now but that didn’t generate to box office success.
It's funny, I was a kid and I went to the movies to see the first pokemon movie, it was huge in the US and on a quick search it only did 172 mil (30 mil budget)

Detective Pikachu did 433 mil on a 150 mil budget, clearly successful, but I don't remember it being nearly as huge as the first movie. I guess times have changed a lot. Now if you ain't doing a bil on a movie, nikkas say the movie wasn't shyt, crazy

StraxStrax

I'm selling these fine leather jackets
Daps
Could the posters picking Spiderman hook the rest of us up with your weed dealers, please.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
It's funny, I was a kid and I went to the movies to see the first pokemon movie, it was huge in the US and on a quick search it only did 172 mil (30 mil budget)

Detective Pikachu did 433 mil on a 150 mil budget, clearly successful, but I don't remember it being nearly as huge as the first movie. I guess times have changed a lot. Now if you ain't doing a bil on a movie, nikkas say the movie wasn't shyt, crazy

Yeah i mean when Pixar and Disney movies regularly do a bill its become the new ceiling for success.

I’m pretty sure all three tom holland movies did a bill. Plus Spiderverse is coming off an oscar win so theres a lot of hype for the new one, look at the youtube numbers for the latest trailer, 30 million views in two weeks.

The last mario trailer viewcount is 3.7 million.