What movie were you “forced” into watching that you ended up loving?

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet (96) my sister and my mom dragged me with them to see it. I didn't really like it at first but there were elements that I thought were dope, like just the idea of Shakespeare in modern times was interesting, customized guns as swords and 'when doves cry' as a church hymn.

Romeo-and-Juliet-1996-0865.jpg

Last edited:

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
That movie is a classic no doubt, but I dont know about constantly re-watching it. Its super bleak & depressing :huhldup:
Yeah schindlers list is a pretty somber flick. But it's also so well made you watch it like wow, technically it's on another level.

But after a few watches that wears off and it's just so well made I'm always in awe everytime I watch it. Spielberg was in the zone. I miss his old movies.

Daps
Pirates of the Caribbean, it was Disney and it was pirates. I was prepared to hate that shyt as I went in.
Same for me. I thought a movie about a ride? Went to see it with my boy in a packed theater. The whole place just ate it up. I am glad I saw it in the theater.

Suspicious Dingo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Sydney, Austalia
My brother saw the play when he visited NYC and he kept going on and on about it and said I would love it because I like musicals. I just never got around to seeing it so when it was on Disney + he literally made me watch it and it was the best musical I’ve seen in a while.

Random question: Will I enjoy this as a non American? Like, do I need to be really familiar with American history to fully appreciate it?

Ricky Dunigan

Superstar
Daps
Edge of Tomorrow: My ex put me on, what can I say? She got good movie tastes :yeshrug:

A Star is Born: Tinder date had free tix. I came in wanting to hate, but it caught me, and when I saw Chappelle, I was hooked.

The Godfather: My older brothers hyped it up so much that I had no intention to watch. Then I caught a bad flu ( delirious, bed bound) and it was on tv on repeat so I had no choice but to watch. One of my favs now.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Random question: Will I enjoy this as a non American? Like, do I need to be really familiar with American history to fully appreciate it?
No, it assumes you don't know the story.
Beyond the fact that there's a guy named "Washington" that's the leader of a rebellion against the King of England. You literally don't need to know who ANYBODY else is before going in, everyone else is explained to you.

I *guess* it might be helpful to know that a city called "Washington" didn't exist yet, but that's about all I can think of.

nairdas

I've Destroyed Whole Planets
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Armageddon. My dad would take my sister and I somewhere every weekend when we're little and this time her friends were with her and wanted to go to the movies. But nothing really was playing so they just chose Armageddon and I was like man I don't want to see this shyt. I even feel asleep in the theater :mjlol:

But years later I caught it on TV and now I love that movie. I was tripping as a kid.

ShaneTheRogue

Roguelike
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Tennessee
Had to watch Cinderella Man for a history class back in highschool.

Wouldn't say I loved it exactly but my girl drug me to see Black and Blue last year and I was pleasantly surprised.

The fwb I had before my girl convinced me to go see the Blumhouse Halloween remake and I ended up liking it more than she did. But she's a diehard fan of the series and was disappointed to the lore changes.