What movie were you “forced” into watching that you ended up loving?

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Hamilton by my little brother

The Matrix and I thank my uncle every time I see him

I wasn’t gonna see Wonder Woman when it was in theaters but my mom wanted to go because she was a fan of Lynda Carter. I’m glad I went because it was one of DCs best
shyt I didn’t catch The Matrix until it was on VHS the first time. Probably DVD by then actually. I remember thinking it looked stupid. Such a retarded baby i was. When you say Hamilton what do you mean? You saw the play or you watched on Disney +?

Rhapscallion Démone

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
shyt I didn’t catch The Matrix until it was on VHS the first time. Probably DVD by then actually. I remember thinking it looked stupid. Such a retarded baby i was. When you say Hamilton what do you mean? You saw the play or you watched on Disney +?
My brother saw the play when he visited NYC and he kept going on and on about it and said I would love it because I like musicals. I just never got around to seeing it so when it was on Disney + he literally made me watch it and it was the best musical I’ve seen in a while.

obarth

R.I.P Char
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Pawgs with dragons
For me it was the recent Little Women. shyt was beautiful son. I didn’t cry during the movie. I wept.
2fq09y.jpg

Jk, I read the book as a kid, and not because I had to:skip:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
My brother saw the play when he visited NYC and he kept going on and on about it and said I would love it because I like musicals. I just never got around to seeing it so when it was on Disney + he literally made me watch it and it was the best musical I’ve seen in a while.
Imma watch this weeks. Props on the rec

AllHolosEve

Her Name Is Mistress Death
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SouthSide, MPLS
I don't know if it counts as "forced" if you over there knowing you watching this, sitting there mad or leaving cause the channel ain't changing for you.

-Overboard: Kurt Russell & Goldie Hawn.
I never wanted to watch it, was never interested in seeing it, but of course the women had to. I won't go as far as I'd say I love it but I fukk wit it now. :ehh: If it comes on while just sitting around I'll sit & watch it.

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
Not "forced", but I went into "Pulp Fiction" ready to hate it because EVERYBODY was yapping for months about how great is was. I was in college at the time, and the soundtrack was being played to death everywhere you went. You couldn't get away from it. Then a while after it was released they were playing it in a large auditorium at school. All my friends were going so I was like "guess I better finally watch this crap".

Nowadays, I think the movie is kind of underrated, if anything.

John Reena

Superstar
Daps
“Blade”

Tha year is 1998.......

My cousin was in town and wanted to go to the movies n see “Blade”. I was like “Ehhh it’s gonna be another bad comic book movie, plus Wesley Snipes playing a vampire? :heh:

FF to us going to tha movie....

When I seen that blood come out da sprinklers, Blade shooting that broad point blank wit da pump, then STABBING OL BOY CHIN FIRST INTO DA CEILING!!!

My young ass was like

:gladbron:

Then I realized I was in for a CLASSIC