What lifts do you struggle with?

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
lol glad to see i was't the only one havin problems with benchin, I cnt incline press for nothin right shoulder fukkd up and messes up my range of motion. i sometimes feel that my shoulders dnt devleop like the rest of my body and dat doin the lifts ain't really changin shyt.

Hybrinetics

Banned
Daps
lol glad to see i was't the only one havin problems with benchin, I cnt incline press for nothin right shoulder fukkd up and messes up my range of motion. i sometimes feel that my shoulders dnt devleop like the rest of my body and dat doin the lifts ain't really changin shyt.
Are you doing lateral raises and rear delt flyes? Sometimes if you have shoulder imbalances it can cause problems and pain. For me, if I dont have shoulders tucked real tight on incline barbell bench, my left shoulder does this weird popping once I bring it down past a certain point

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
Are you doing lateral raises and rear delt flyes? Sometimes if you have shoulder imbalances it can cause problems and pain. For me, if I dont have shoulders tucked real tight on incline barbell bench, my left shoulder does this weird popping once I bring it down past a certain point
yea i do dumbbell raises and bent over dumbbell flies etc, but i feel like my shoulders dnt grow; yea my right does the pop too but only on the incline press

Hybrinetics

Banned
Daps
yea i do dumbbell raises and bent over dumbbell flies etc, but i feel like my shoulders dnt grow; yea my right does the pop too but only on the incline press
I had trouble with my shoulders too. incorporating dropsets really blew em up. everytime i hit shoulders i do dropsets, for either the presses, or raises, but switch em up every workout; supersets might work too. heavy laterals and rear delt flyes really are the best to get that cap imo, cuz shoulder presses mainly work just the front delts

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
I had trouble with my shoulders too. incorporating dropsets really blew em up. everytime i hit shoulders i do dropsets, for either the presses, or raises, but switch em up every workout; supersets might work too. heavy laterals and rear delt flyes really are the best to get that cap imo, cuz shoulder presses mainly work just the front delts
:lupe: dropsets???

Hybrinetics

Banned
Daps
:lupe: dropsets???
yea, lets say you're doing lateral raises with 25 pounds. You do 8 reps with the 25s, then immediately pick up the 20s, do 10 reps, pick up the 15s, do 12 reps, pick up the 10s, do 15 reps. That's one dropset.. no rest inbetween. I do the same for rear delt flyes

For seated shoulder press with a barbell I usually pyramid up with 2 or 3 sets. Then on the last set do a drop set. So Id do like 6 reps with 95 pounds, take 5s off each side to 85, do 8 reps, take 5s off to 75, do 10 reps, take 10s off dropping it to 65, do 12 reps. One dropset

you can drop it as many times as you want. the burn is like no other, really tears the muscle down too

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Lifting my lazy ass to go to the gym. Been slacking a bit lately. Honestly I'd say squats. Hate them the most. Maybe it's because I don't do them consistently as the others. I definitely need to work on that and increase my weight. I usually do 3x10s at about 185. On a machine and not much higher than my body weight. Not like I have weak legs tho since I was always better on legs and prefer the leg press which I can do about 320 on that. I just haven't pushed myself on squats as I should be. I feel I'm ok on bench and dead which I just started doing more recently. I do hold and not rep on that lift. The one I struggle the most is pull ups. I'd be doing a miracle if I can pass 3. I gotta work on my shoulders more I think to get better at those.

Gilly

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
707 & 813
fukk it hopped on the assisted pullup/dip machine today and did 3 sets of chins and 3 sets of pullups

lightweight lat pulldowns till failure

im tryna be reppin pull-ups by summer brehs :lupe:

Daps
Always struggled with Bench....I have never been able to lift big with it. Dumbbell pressing I am fine with but Bench is a no go and I just don't know why.