What keeps me from buying a MacBook . .

Mac Casper

@adonnis - pull up, there's refreshments
Daps
Reppin
Love
I've been wanting to have a MacBook for awhile but the thing that keeps me from getting it is the thought that I'm going to get one and then 2 months later I see that Tim Cook guy take the stage somewhere on some "We just changed everything!" :troll: and then they come out with some super new radically improved version of the laptop I just got. Some like touchscreen hybrid or something, then I'm stuck with the old model that I just plunked 2 G's down on

Rain

đź‘€
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
The Macbooks don't change radically like that annually. My 2010 model held up for a while until the battery gave out. I just decided to cop a Retina one last year because I could. Upgrades are the same with any tech. If you care about when the latest and greatest is out, you'll be waiting forever.

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Their products are so expensive that the older models will still have value. That really shouldn't stop you from getting a macbook. There are some pretty big reasons why you wouldn't want to get a macbook...OSX is ...meh.

DStyles

Vegan
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY/Manchester,UK
I will never ever in my fukking life buy a fukking mac. That's like buying a BMW or Benz :scusthov: I'd rather get that Shelby Mustang :ahh:

Mother fukkers drop 2k on a Mac just to post on the coli, watch bytches twerk on youtube, and listen to naus or c00ndrick cacmar.:heh:

Things that you could do on a $500 or less laptop :mjlol:

Mac Casper

Daps
Reppin
Love
The Macbooks don't change radically like that annually. My 2010 model held up for a while until the battery gave out. I just decided to cop a Retina one last year because I could. Upgrades are the same with any tech. If you care about when the latest and greatest is out, you'll be waiting forever.

but you don't know if next year is going to be the one that brings radical change. If a Macbook 2-in-1 dropped I would get it immediately, but that's unlikely because it'll cut into their iPad share

Rain

đź‘€
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
but you don't know if next year is going to be the one that brings radical change. If a Macbook 2-in-1 dropped I would get it immediately, but that's unlikely because it'll cut into their iPad share
I think you just figured out your own dilemma

Mac Casper

Daps
Reppin
Love
I think you just figured out your own dilemma

Wait for a Macbook 2-in-1? I mean it seems like they'll hold out on that for as long as possible but eventually as more of them continue to come out it would seem like a necessity that they add one to the line-up, which makes me assume that one is coming soon. What do you think?

some have suggested that the new MacBook using Intel Core-M shows that Apple may have interest in making a 2-in-1

Last edited:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've been wanting to have a MacBook for awhile but the thing that keeps me from getting it is the thought that I'm going to get one and then 2 months later I see that Tim Cook guy take the stage somewhere on some "We just changed everything!" :troll: and then they come out with some super new radically improved version of the laptop I just got. Some like touchscreen hybrid or something, then I'm stuck with the old model that I just plunked 2 G's down on

I'm going to buy one but I know I'm overpaying...I can find a 350 dollar computer to do exactly what it is im trying to do.

Mac Casper

Daps
Reppin
Love
I'm going to buy one but I know I'm overpaying...I can find a 350 dollar computer to do exactly what it is im trying to do.

My laptop just went down and it's time to get a new one, I've never really used a Mac but they seem to be the standard in the music industry so that's what I'm going with. Right now I'm using a Chromebook that I'm going to return before the 5 days is up, then I've gotta get the files backed up on my old hard drive

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Only clowns DONT buy MacBooks.... At least for any other reason Other than it being a MacBook. I'm doing a virus scan on my 4 year old MacBook now and still haven't found shyt. I swear I do it once a year too...

Like homie above said, only major issues I've had with it is the battery. I bought external HD's for more space and I'm g2g. Even with 4gigs of ram it was dusting most PC's well after it had came out.

I might cop an air or something soon when I start school. I've been using it for so long I forget how to use windows...

Kuwka_Atcha_Ratcha

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
get a windows laptop breh, my 8 year old laptop is more powerful than the MacBook the batty boi tim jus dropped