What is your opinion on the belief that girls mature faster than boys?

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
the only person on earth that coddles a black man is his mother, maybe his sister(s)
but once that nikka goes out into the world - his reality check comes one way or the other. cant say the same for ladies. even the legal system coddles them for goodness sake

:mjlol:
Very true here. Who really saying that black men are coddled are the Cynthia G fans and swirlers/divestors. They really think us black men are a protected class.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Very true here. Who really saying that black men are coddled are the Cynthia G fans and swirlers/divestors. They really think us black men are a protected class.

Are we coddled more than the average young man? Probably not.

But we are definitely the least prepared for the harsh realities that are very likely to come our way at some point. So in that sense we are the most coddled,or ill prepared if thats a better word for it.

But i choose coddled,because along with being ill prepared. Also comes the cosigning of alot of bad habits and behaviors,allowing black boys/men to sidestep accountability,being babied by the black women in our community.

But then like buddy said. Once you get into the real world you get a reality check. Or the woman who was coddling you,does a 180 and uses all that coddling to express how weak your punk ass REALLY is:respect:.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Yeah it's pseudoscience because you said it, right:mjlol:

Is that not reason enough? Its psuedo science like when people say "well the frontal lobe isnt even fully formed until 25 to make good decisions:mjgrin:"

Most people havent even laid out what their idea of "mature" is in this thread. And for those who have the answers vary widely. Or have limited it to one area of life like emotional intelligence,demeanor,or being responsible. As if people cant be "mature" in a few areas,and not mature in several others.

Weaver31

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Va
Are we coddled more than the average young man? Probably not.

But we are definitely the least prepared for the harsh realities that are very likely to come our way at some point. So in that sense we are the most coddled,or ill prepared if thats a better word for it.

But i choose coddled,because along with being ill prepared. Also comes the cosigning of alot of bad habits and behaviors,allowing black boys/men to sidestep accountability,being babied by the black women in our community.

But then like buddy said. Once you get into the real world you get a reality check. Or the woman who was coddling you,does a 180 and uses all that coddling to express how weak your punk ass REALLY is:respect:.
Lol at what u said at the end.

But u brought some real shyt to our discussion. Shyt I didn't think of...because I came from a 2 parent home where mom dukes is the more aggressive, outgoing and outspoken one who people say is controlling and overbearing. My dad can get aggressive with her but he was soft spoken, chill, laid back and maid less money than my mom's who was a teacher. He died last year but he was a case manager at an facility for at risk young males. He only got a bachelor degree in psychology which u know u need at least a masters for. Anyway my mom didn't coddle me but can be worrisome at times but I love her...just have to get away at times. I was just explaining my unique situation to show u how ill prepared I was when I got in the real world. Us blacks have to deal with racism and anti blackness from our own people as well as other races. It can be exhausting at times. Sometimes black women in the workplace can navigate unfavorable situations better that us as a collective...do u feel that? But some of them become unsuccessful as well because shyt can be too much at times.

I can see men coming from single parent homes especially single moms being coddled easily. Also they can develop feminine ways easily. And if they grow up around at risk male friends...they can easily get in trouble and into shyt that can affect their future.

U definitely right about ill prepared. Actually us black men and black women are BEHIND THE EIGHT BALL on a lot of shyt in life and that causes us to be in unfavorable positions in life....also causes us to be late bloomers. We also got culture issues whereas we place favoritism and priority on attributes like swag, style, popularity and clout but not shyt like our ability to be loyal, provide, protect and shyt like emotional intelligence and availability and us being in our kids lives and being a positive motivating force in their lives. Also, women sometimes choose the worst men to give them one of the best gifts a woman can give a man...a child to extend his legacy. Some men don't value that or fully understand that value and some women don't know the power they have or don't value their legacies themselves.

Last edited: