What is your expectations for sports games next gen???

ball15life

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The unknown
I'm not expecting anything because I don't purchase sports games anymore. It's pretty much just roster updates every year.

You'd probably be better off buying sports games every 2-3 years.

The last sports games I bought for the various leagues....
NBA 2k12
Madden 09
NCAA football 08
MVP baseball 04

If EA brings back NCAA football next gen I'll probably get it.

As of last year, I am back on the alternating 2k/Madden each year and just going from there :ehh:

FromStLouis

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis, U.S.A.
I expect a FIBA game to put EA Sports back on top, or at least that's my hope.

Also EA Sports bringing back Fight Night.

And WWE getting away from 2k and getting back to the AKI engine before AEW does.

MLB The Show is already coming to all platforms so that's a win.

FIBA, Fight Night, WWE, MLB The Show

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
All sports games need adaptive AI and better coaching plans.. Like if someone is doing the same plays over and over the AI on high rated players should respond to it. Madden every play a defender touches the ball it's a interception.. Straight up garbage..

NBA 2K is like defense doesn't exist.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
10-22 players (depending on sport), constant motion,player AI, ball physics, jersey/uniform physics

not seeing what’s comical
Its two dozen damn near identical models going the same shyt over and over with animations that aren't even that complex or demanding

uniforms aren't somehow more demanding than any other piece of clothing either :dead: all of these stadiums and arenas are only meant to be seen from set camera angles too. they don't design or spend any resources past the field of view.

whether you look in the direction of action games that have FAR more advanced animations/physics or down the isle at games that handle more at once like a total war three kingdoms - its fair to say that the efforts put forward into sports games are flatly bullshyt. action games handle busier, more demanding activity better. massive games like total war look better.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
for the NBA Street series, theres a reason why EA doesnt make it anymore. the youtuber The Black Hokage explains why in this video at the 41:37 mark

White boy, but, a shorter video I've watch already

:yeshrug:

Black Hokkage said some weirdo shyt last year that stopped me from watching any of his shyt

He reminds me of too many of these young black men on YouTube who love talking about the one time they fukked a white girl with a big booty and how black women ain't checking for any one who isn't a thug

So...

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps

KING WILL

Superstar
Daps
NIKKA......just finished playing the Rose Bowl against Washington with my Huskers. :wow:

I will NEVER stop playing THAT, OR playing NCAA Basketball 10. Never. Not even when they come to the new platforms.

I feel U. I took GSU from the Sunbelt to the SEC over the course of 10 yrs, or so.

Won the National Title yr 3 and every yr since then cept for a yr ago. Bama beat me in the SEC Championship game.

After all these yrs. That shyt is still fun.

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
Play creation
Presentation with actual channel logos, commentators, music. Especially for league networks like NBA tv, NFL Network, etc.

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
2K last gen was Goated. one of the best companies, were responsive, fair, consumer friendly then with the introduction of VC in 2k13 slightly started going downhill, but the games were always top tier. if they had a weak year you knew the following year was going to be crazy. The games are now unpolished broken messes. I expect them to double down and become even shyttier. More clogged modes,stupid and immature features, and dumb shyt. No attention to detail and even worse practices. From the bottom of my heart i hope that company go under.
Dudes were really saying the pre-draft mode and summer league was too much in MyPlayer in NBA 2K11, but, okay with this dumb ass, slow ass, simple ass, derivative ass story modes in every year

:mindblown:

I don't play MyCareer, now because I remember loading in, and just hitting "Play Game" and BOOM, you're in the game

Now, it's loading up the Park, going to practice, loading up th elocker room, shootaround, Keny and nem, AND THEN THE DAMN GAME

Tim Lord

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
120Hz refresh rates for responsive gameplay
Better graphics (but not by too much)
Mandatory crossplay would be great
Better AI through machine learning (in Sony’s last article with Wired, EA confirmed it had some type of machine learning, i am hoping that translates to better AI.)
Better physics
Better animations via machine learning.