What is your daily skin care regime?

GarnetGem

Rookie
Daps
wash with aloe vera soap, and a face brush
tone with witch hazel
moisturize with aloe vera gel and aloe vera oil (in the morning only-aloe vera gel by itself at night)
once a week i let selsun blue sit on my face for 15 minutes because i have tinea versicolor

N*E*R*D

In Search Of...
Daps
hwthumb.asp

764302270348.jpg

I want to try their CC cream for the spf

Can a black man use this stuff and get results?

Token

Concerned Aunt
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Front Porch
I brought a manual face brush recently. Is it good to use everyday or is that too much stimulation?
I think it would be better to use it about 3x a week. Overexfoliation is real out here :whoa:

I bought the Olay pro x spin brush and used it on low once a day for about 3 months. At first it was awesome, my skin was smooth and clean, but I started noticing rough patches on my cheeks and my forehead was starting to flake. I stepped away from the brush and all other forms of exfoliation for a month to get my skin a chance to repair itself. Now, I'm using the brush 2-3x a week and it's working out pretty well.

Oceanicpuppy

Superstar
Daps
I just went to my derm. this week. I have a new regimen.

I wash my face with a brush and cetaphil in the morning, then put on the klaron lotion that he gave me, then I mix my coppertone sunscreen with cerave moisturizer.

At night, I wash my face with my hands or a brush and cetaphil, then I wait until my face is completely dry to put on the .01% retin a that I was perscribed, then I wait until that dries to put on emu oil or a moisturizer.

I also exfoliate my lips with my face brush and put emu oil (sometimes castor oil or vitamin e oil) on my eyebrows, edges, and eyelashes every night. I use emu oil on my lips at night.
My derm but me on these plus some more stuff. It's crazy because the best thing to work on my skin was regular dial soap. I was reading online that some derms suggest this as an inexpensive option. If you have oily skin it dries up everything on your face literally!!!

Last edited:

Giselle

Bushed
Daps
My derm but me on these plus some more stuff. It's crazy because the best thing to work on my skin was regular dial soap. I was reading online that some derms suggest this as an expensive option. If you have oily skin it dries up everything on your face literally!!!

It does. I've used dial before on my body and it got rid of my back acne. & when I use those soaps that dry the acne on my skin (I barely have any), it usually makes my face even oilier.Those soaps don't usually help with the hyperpigmentation or acne scars, that's why I wanted retin a. I only have to use cetaphil b/c if I use any other soap&moisturizers while using retin a, my skin burns a little bit.

Giselle

Bushed
Daps
Anyone use Korean italy towel and kojie san soap
I've used kojie soap for a week. My skin was red and burned, so I stopped using it.

There is a big thread on lsa where someone used both of those things. They said that it worked for them. be sure to use spf 30+

Valkcross

Banned
Daps
I've used kojie soap for a week. My skin was red and burned, so I stopped using it.

There is a big thread on lsa where someone used both of those things. They said that it worked for them. be sure to use spf 30+

how much does spf usually cost

muse

thats 2 kids! im out!!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chi sagittarii
hwthumb.asp

764302270348.jpg

I want to try their CC cream for the spf

:lupe:
What's your skin looking like?
I used some organic black soap but it dried my skin up real good, don't remember how my skin looked but probably not that good if I stopped using it. I started back using cetaphil antibacterial bar soap and although my skin looks better, it's still not 100% clear

But I use cetaphil and exfoliate with baking soda. Everyday I exfoliate with baking soda. I used to do it like 3 times a week and every Sunday I would do a "deep exfoliation" smother my face in Vaseline then go to sleep. Wake up Monday morning with the clearest skin that would until Tuesday and I'm just like :sadcam:

So I should probably start washing my face before I go to sleep but really I want the simplest, quickest skin care regime. So I wash and exfoliate my face with cetaphil, baking soda and my towel. Cover with Vaseline, then when I get to my destination, I wipe some of the shine off lol

SouthernBelle

#Feyonce
Daps
African Black soap (the kind that comes in this big block below, a simple moisturizer with sunscreen, and every now and then I'll do a chemical peel (I have salicylic and lactic acid, but have only used the former). I started using this regimen years ago when I moved to a new city and my face went crazy. It works well.
M-S520-3pound.jpg

CinnaSlim

Queen of Swords
Daps
Reppin
East of Anywhere
:lupe:
What's your skin looking like?
I used some organic black soap but it dried my skin up real good, don't remember how my skin looked but probably not that good if I stopped using it. I started back using cetaphil antibacterial bar soap and although my skin looks better, it's still not 100% clear

But I use cetaphil and exfoliate with baking soda. Everyday I exfoliate with baking soda. I used to do it like 3 times a week and every Sunday I would do a "deep exfoliation" smother my face in Vaseline then go to sleep. Wake up Monday morning with the clearest skin that would until Tuesday and I'm just like :sadcam:

So I should probably start washing my face before I go to sleep but really I want the simplest, quickest skin care regime. So I wash and exfoliate my face with cetaphil, baking soda and my towel. Cover with Vaseline, then when I get to my destination, I wipe some of the shine off lol

My skin is clearer, brighter and it's really good at getting out blackheads. My skin's not perfect but I'm sure it's from my diet and other factors.

this is the shyt that has kicked my eczema into over drive. The only time I'm not suffering is when I'm sleep.

fukk this stuff:sadbron:
I'm sorry, this didn't work for you :hug:

I think simpler stuff works better. I'm just a product junky and wanted to try out their face line. Honey and cinnamon works great for me as a simple cleanser. Sweet almond or Grapeseed oil are good for sealing in the moisture.