What is the 'Yellowstone' Universe?? No Spoilers..

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
EXCLUSIVE: Sylvester Stallone is moving into scripted television.

Deadline understands that the actor, whose Rocky won the Oscar for Best Picture in 1977, is in negotiations to star in and exec produce Kansas City, a drama series from Taylor Sheridan and Terence Winter for Paramount+.

It marks Stallone’s first major lead television series, having guested on a number of classic shows such as Police Story and Kojak back in the ’70s and more recently in series such as This Is Us.

Kansas City brings together Sheridan, who is fast becoming one of the most significant television creators in the business with series such as Yellowstone, Mayor of Kingstown and 1883, and Winter, The Sopranos writer and Boardwalk Empire creator.

daemonova

Daps
Let me clarify some things in this thread....

In 1883, the natives gave Tim McGraw the land for reasons I can't get into without spoiling. The natives told him that in seven generation s they might try to take the land back.

Tim McGraw told them in seven generations they can have it back. Much like Aegons promise, I don't think Tim told anyone about the conversation.

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Crazy how this dude has brought the western tv show back to popularity. Got freaking Helen Mirren doing American tv.

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
I just started this im on episode 4 shyt's entertaining. :manny:

So far i like Justified better though :manny:
Its good to have something different. Then all the cop serial drama and drug kingpin come up stories.

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I just started this im on episode 4 shyt's entertaining. :manny:

So far i like Justified better though :manny:
Its good to have something different. Then all the cop serial drama and drug kingpin come up stories.
That more or less what this show is just with ranch owner who is a kingpin :patrice:

melraH

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UPTOWN
That more or less what this show is just with ranch owner who is a kingpin :patrice:
Yeah its a "great american west sopranos" but not on the frontier era like deadwood more modern although i see they got some prequels and in universe shows.

Also The cowboys run like a gang. And recruit people they know and out of prison. They got helpers, workers and "branded" guys which are the made guys.

The production Value is way up. Movie like wide panning shots of the scenery. Very well shot and produced. And the acting is very good so far.

daemonova

Daps
Taylor Sheridan revealed that Paramount had expected a second season of 1883… despite the fate of many of the characters in the prequel. “I know they read the scripts, but they don’t read scripts, so when they read the last episode of 1883, I don’t think they digested what had just happened, even though I made it quite clear from the very beginning,” Sheridan explained. “The story I heard is Bob Bakish watched it and said, ‘wait a minute, she dies! They all die? What do we do in season two?’ I said, there is no season two. They’re like, there better be a fu*king season two because we already picked it up. I’m sitting here going, guys everyone is dead.”

Yellowstone: How a 1883 season 2 misunderstanding led to the creation of 1923