What happened to the Root?

ReadOneBookAWeek

Smoking on a Cac Pack
Daps
:russell:Nope. A separate forum makes more sense for serious discussions, instead of having it mixed with eating ass type threads and what not that be in TLR.
this sub-forum is invaluable, i for one have taken it for granted and will become a more active contributor.

Brooklynzson

Just a kid from Brooklyn
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Coli
Why are obvious trolls allowed to post?
Maybe they've been warned already, maybe they're posts haven't been reported (@cook @Brooklynzson aint how to report a post), mods probably haven't let us know to ban... we done banned 30+ ppl in the past month or so, so it aint like we aint banning them.
this sub-forum is invaluable, i for one have taken it for granted and will become a more active contributor.
:salute: The forum is in good hands again @KidStranglehold & @Responsible Allen Iverson gonna bring it back to where it need to be.

Yehuda

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think anything happened, this forum was never popping like that anyway. I still post here but the majority of users simply ain't interested.

WheresWallace

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Root is definitely necessary because trolls take pride in derailing serious threads. I guess in order to make this section more popular the onus would be on the thread creators. I think people make threads in other sections because more people frequent the other sections.

I have been spotty with my posting on the coli as a whole. I've been turning more and more into a spectator than a poster.

I guess a suggestion would be for the people who make threads here to [mention] other posters so that we are aware of the threads. That is how I found out about this thread. @Poitier mentioned me.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
The Root is definitely necessary because trolls take pride in derailing serious threads. I guess in order to make this section more popular the onus would be on the thread creators. I think people make threads in other sections because more people frequent the other sections.

I have been spotty with my posting on the coli as a whole. I've been turning more and more into a spectator than a poster.

I guess a suggestion would be for the people who make threads here to [mention] other posters so that we are aware of the threads. That is how I found out about this thread. @Poitier mentioned me.

I suggest putting the forum on watch so you can get threads that have been created in your alerts.

Northern Son

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Most people don't want serious discussion about racism, rather they just want to call other black people (usually a somewhat famous black woman that dates cacs) "c00n" all day, and get falsely outraged over incredibly stupid shyt. There's plenty of that in the locker room still.

scarlxrd

Underground
Supporter
Daps
I wasn't here long but I saw the inception of The Root and thought it was overkill in a sense.

I truly believe most, if not all, of these topics should be in TLR where they originated. That's the main hub of the site whether we want to admit it or not, it gets the most looks.

Root threads was like chlorine in a pool of bullshyt. Trolls will troll regardless and I've seen plenty get dealt with accordingly but to get more eyes on these topics can only help.

If anything should have been merged, it should be JBO. Let them talk that shyt over there. That's just my perspective anyway.