what happened to Taylor Lautner?

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
The fact that he lives with his parents and has chosen not to act in any movies since 2016 tells me he's content where his life is. He's made a decent amount of money to chill for a bit.

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
I swear I was thinking the same shyt. Riggins from Friday Night Lights been working a little bit. And fukk what anyone says Battleship is a low key horrible classic. I watch it every time it comes on FX which is just about every weekend.
Nah he dis his thing in that David Koresh bio mini series.

Sonny Bonds

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I thought I read something about his dad trying to help him be an action star, which is how we got Abduction. And like others have said, he's a terrible actor.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
He got caught being stuck in the same role where he had to stay in great shape and have a strict diet and he just didn't want to commit to that. Everything he did after Twilight also flopped. Just not a good enough actor and was pretty much only good for his body like a thot

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
He got caught being stuck in the same role where he had to stay in great shape and have a strict diet and he just didn't want to commit to that. Everything he did after Twilight also flopped. Just not a good enough actor and was pretty much only good for his body like a thot

He barely remained in the role.

Few people at the studio believed he could put on the muscle for the role beyond the first film. Supposedly, he was going to be replaced by Michael Copon.

duckbutta

eienaar van mans
Daps
Reppin
DFW
I remember when all that shyt came out about Bryan Singer and his "twink" parties and every other line was about how Taylor Lautner would always be at the parties :scust:

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
Probably laying low and evaluating his life, and what he wants to do. It depends on where his heart is, because if he really wants to be doing movies, he can always work in Independents. For a ton of young actors, there is a bit of a Catch-22, where once your finish with the Teen Heartthrob movies, your typecast.

Robert Pattinson wisely went the Indy route, and he showed audiences that he wanted to leave Twilight and Harry Potter behind. Kristen Stewart as well. Taylor is still young guy, but its clear he shouldn't be headlining movies, or really test himself to see if he should be doing films anymore.

And like Robert, after so much time can pass, and gets a staring role for a big-budget movie again.