What Happened To M.I.A?

DykeCream

私はあなた氷&#
Daps
Reppin
US
Diplo pulled her card. He said her whole "terrorism" thing was a gimmick and that her dad wasn't in the Tamil Tigers at all, but was really a government employee.

:dead:

Her credibility was quickly lost after that
How come I haven't heard of this. :deadrose:

NatiboyB

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Last I saw she was in the middle east with the damn sultans and shyt. She probally held up in a sex dungeon or putting in work for madonna.

yoyoyo1

huh?
Daps
I googled all that shyt said on the gossip site and found 0 evidence of any of that :yeshrug:

and lol @ a horrible song like paper planes being the one to get her popular.

if she makes her own beats respect.. if not, then i'm a fan of whoever is behind her music

Day_Walker

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Can't stand the accent she has in her songs.
ANd from what I remember she doesn't even have a fob accent when she talks which makes it even worse.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Its funny that alot of the bad press about M.I.A. comes from Diplo. Dude was a mad ex-boyfriend talking shyt and people ran with it. It just so happened to be at the same time as that weak ass third album, so it was easy to shyt on her.

and I agree that the third album was weak but it wasn't cause she stopped fukking with Diplo, people kill me with that shyt. Dude only produced one track on her first album and 3 tracks on her second album, and he produced a song on that third album too. Yeah he mixed the Piracy Funds Terrorism joint, but that wasn't even his beats. People give dude way too much credit.

And the "Bad Girls" track came out after all of this shyt, so obviously if the music is dope people not gonna be given a fukk about some old gossip articles. She has been pretty quite since the single though, aside from the superbowl shyt (which was blew way out of proportion). Im waiting on the new album before I cast any further judgment at this point.

the next guy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I googled all that shyt said on the gossip site and found 0 evidence of any of that :yeshrug:

and lol @ a horrible song like paper planes being the one to get her popular.

if she makes her own beats respect.. if not, then i'm a fan of whoever is behind her music

Diplo, friend.

up in here

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Diplo, friend.

this is exactly what im talking about, people kill me with this shyt. Diplo co-produced 5-6 tracks for her out of 3 albums (close to 40 tracks) and folks give him all the credit. GTFOH. Thats like saying L.E.S. is responsible for Nas success