What Game Do You Think Was The Most "Ahead Of It's Time"?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
220px-Urban_Chaos_Coverart.png

First third-person open-world game with vehicles/buildings you can enter(a title that’s incorrectly given to Driver 2), and the first game to have a Black(let alone Black female) protagonist.
I remember this game.

To be honest it was kinda trash, but still ahead of its time :ehh:

Daps
Reppin
Golden Era/Drama free Zone
Resident Evil (introduced the survival horror genre)

Chrono Trigger (Time loop perfection. Multiple endings)

Xenogears (story and presentation)
Speaking of RE

The GameCube remake (new HD versions in particular) looks like it was released in 2019 when in reality it's a game from 2002 (which was based on a 1996 title)

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
For me it's either Phantasy Star Online for DC or SOCOM2 for PS2. I'm not a big fan of remasters but I would buy these games and the consoles they were going to be on Day 1 if they happened.

SOCOM 2 is the greatest online shooter of all time.

Cᵣₐₛₕ&ₜₕₑCₒᵤₚ

____ exposing themselves
Daps
Yo that's fukkin crazy you mentioned this game because I was JUST thinking about this game earlier before I even saw this thread! I was thinking how Apex Legends has a unique style of play just like Shadowrun did and how many hours I dumped into that game :wow:

It had a relatively short shelf life before the community died off but i have no doubt in my mind if they made a sequel or remake it would do NUMBERS. Honestly I kind of feel that way about Perfect Dark Zero. Failed for the exact same reasons (nothing like the OG)

Remember this was an online only game at a time when that shyt was pretty much unheard of for a console game. I know it was available on PC as well but I remember buying it for 360 thinking "no campaign :dahell:" and feeling ripped off. Shortly after immersing myself in the multiplayer I didn't give even a single fukk about a story mode. If I recall correctly this was the first Xbox game that allowed cross-play with PC players.

Excellent choice.

Breh before the servers broke last year and a half people were still playing this s*** no lie. It was that piff :to:

Draje

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shenmue and Xenogears are good answers.

I think Baldur’s Gate 2 and Fallout 2 were far ahead of their time. Deus Ex too

Hostile

All Star
Daps
Shenmue and Xenogears are good answers.

I think Baldur’s Gate 2 and Fallout 2 were far ahead of their time. Deus Ex too
You know Baldur's Gate 1&2 dropping for PS4, Switch and Larrybox soon , you coppin? :lupe:

Last edited:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Red Fraction
Time splitters
Perfect Dark
Halo

kotor
Jade empire
Chrono trigger.