What Game Do You Think Was The Most "Ahead Of It's Time"?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
I'd say Shenmue..:wow:

still more interactive (in terms of environment and NPC's) than any GTA game :wow:

being able to open any individual drawer or closet in your house :mindblown: being able to use the phone to call your girl or check on the weather for that day:smugbiden:

being able to have conversations with any NPC you see or knock on any door (and sometimes someone will answer and tell you to fukk off :russ: )

all from a game made in 1999 :mindblown: we still don't see this level of interaction today

hqdefault.jpg

:ahh: I swear these character models still hold up too

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
Metal Gear Solid, both in terms of presentation (cut scenes, voice acting, overall story and writing) and gameplay (enemies with patterned action-responsive AI and alert mechanism, use of gadgetry in different scenarios, unique boss scenarios) just an insane leap forward compared to other genre games at the time.

BBG

2014-2024
Daps
Shadowrun_box_art_2.jpg

Game really is the goat shooter that got hated on by not being like the OG Shadowrun games. If it came out today it be regarded with most of the favorite fps's. Incredibly balanced with a multitude of dope setups.
Yo that's fukkin crazy you mentioned this game because I was JUST thinking about this game earlier before I even saw this thread! I was thinking how Apex Legends has a unique style of play just like Shadowrun did and how many hours I dumped into that game :wow:

It had a relatively short shelf life before the community died off but i have no doubt in my mind if they made a sequel or remake it would do NUMBERS. Honestly I kind of feel that way about Perfect Dark Zero. Failed for the exact same reasons (nothing like the OG)

Remember this was an online only game at a time when that shyt was pretty much unheard of for a console game. I know it was available on PC as well but I remember buying it for 360 thinking "no campaign :dahell:" and feeling ripped off. Shortly after immersing myself in the multiplayer I didn't give even a single fukk about a story mode. If I recall correctly this was the first Xbox game that allowed cross-play with PC players.

Excellent choice.

xXMASHERXx

Superstar
Daps
For me it's either Phantasy Star Online for DC or SOCOM2 for PS2. I'm not a big fan of remasters but I would buy these games and the consoles they were going to be on Day 1 if they happened.

JQ Legend

Veteran
Daps
220px-Urban_Chaos_Coverart.png

First third-person open-world game with vehicles/buildings you can enter(a title that’s incorrectly given to Driver 2), and the first game to have a Black(let alone Black female) protagonist.

This actually looks dope :obama:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Legend of Zelda: OoT . Utter perfection. :wow: I Still remember the first time seeing the sun set on Hyrule field. It was magical like a Disney film.

Sonic 2 on the Genesis. First time a platformer had 2 characters in the main game to help each other. Sonic 3 took that to new heights.

Another Man

Trappin w/ Benzino
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Red Roof Inn
Dracula X (Both PC Engine and Snes)
First action platformer(that ive played) that had multiple paths. Contra Hard Corps secret level was a nod to that.