What Franchise has more untapped potential: Star Wars or DC movies

• Total voters

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
I'd say DC movies just because there are limits to what Star Wars will be allowed to do by the people in control of it.
The perfect example is how mid the Boba Fett show is and how they are basically neutering everything that show should be.

DC's properties have tons of areas they can go and currently it looks like WB is willing to allow creators to be creative in making these projects.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
Star Wars and I don't think it's close. Now you can surely do more with comics and characters dating back to 1937.. It's endless...

But untapped potential means something else. DC can hope to aspire to get to where Marvel is.. Churning out movies that create hit after hit.. The stories are pretty much told....

Star Wars, if they'd stop doing shyt revolving around Vader, have the whoooooooooooooole rest of the universe to display. It'd be like if DC kept putting out Batman and never Superman or anyone else. There are thousands of years of Jedi story and they focus on the same 30 years, the entire movie time. Even Mando and all these new shows.. Same time period.. New trilogy comes out.. Same time period.. New video games come out... Same time period....

You got space wizards with the family history of game of thrones with hand to hand combat fights, sword fights, magic fights, future gun fights, spaceship fights, up to warship size, interplanetary war.... You got the whole future to play with and all of the past. Literally make Game of Thrones but have nikkas pulling out sabers. Make horror films with Sith. Make some Jon Wick shyt with a gunfighter dude. Make some Terminator shyt.. Forgot you got robots and shyt. Get them dudes from the Raid and choreograph some good fights and sabers battles. You got monsters and shyt too.. Make some R rated joints.. Kids joints.. They could have a whole Stars Wars vs Marvel vs DC with the amount of content. Explore other worlds. Other species. Like we see with Mando, that's just one single race of people. They could dive so deep.

And yet... Hey here's a Luke cameo guys... Hey remember that guy you thought died 30 years ago, here he is.. Hey remember Obi, lets tell his story again.. Like damn man.. Get it together.

hostsamurai

Demon King Of Salvation
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
London
DC Movies. There is so much to be explored outside of Batman and Superman.

They have two potential Spiderman comparable characters in Static and Blue Beetle if marketed correctly. A great static trilogy should have at least one billion dollar film.

Then there's the fourth world, titans, bat family, Red Hood and The Outlaws, Legion of Superheroes, the magical characters, young justice, Icon comics, watchmen, gen 13 and the rest of Wildstorm universe.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
They have two potential Spiderman comparable characters in Static and Blue Beetle if marketed correctly. A great static trilogy should have at least one billion dollar film.

Then there's the fourth world, titans, bat family, Red Hood and The Outlaws, Legion of Superheroes, the magical characters, young justice, Icon comics, watchmen, gen 13 and the rest of Wildstorm universe.
Y'all gotta let this go :mjlol:

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
DC is just boring and the characters are gay compared to marvel and I’m not even into marvel like that.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
DC animated movies are superb. At least up until a few years ago, every single one was hittin.

I am just guessing that there's like 20 of them that are fire.

Then there's Batman TAS, Superman TAS, Justice League and JLU. All excellent.

I always wondered why they didn't let the people who made the animated joints, make the live action movies.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Star Wars has a better universe created where you can just tell any story and make it worth watching if well executed.

DC believe it or not is very top heavy. Outside of Batman, Superman and the justice league, everything is mainly limited to comic fans. casual viewers aren't as familiar with the lesser known character. When you compare to marvel for example a lot of casual viewers still grew up watching x-men and spiderman cartoons which had tons of cameos from other heroes.

It's harder to make an unknown dc characer popular than it is to create a new character set in the star wars universe and garner interest.
People are watching the acolyte right now. But i doubt anybody would watch a ragman tv series.
blue beetle bombed, yet they created a trilogy with brand new characters in starwars people mostly hated and it still did billy