What Films Made U Cry Manly Tears??

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I won't say they were "manly tears" but I legitimately cried at the end of Fruitvale Station. Tears running down my cheek like rain. I made it through the actual movie just fine but when the credits rolled and the image of the real Oscar Grant with his daughter popped on the screen

obtained-from-sfbayview-com.jpg

It just broke me. Theater full of people, my girl right next to me, and I couldn't help it. She didn't even say anything, just held my arm and let me get it out.

Was a weird feeling cuz that never had happened before.
Wooo you gone get me started by Oscar’s picture alone!! I was ok most of the movie. I teared up when they killed him.... but bawled when his mom and his girl had to identify the body. To this day I have yet to watch it again. I can’t do it.

I’ve seen Best Man Holiday once cause of the end.

.... I don’t do well with that topic. It’s really personal.

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Movies with family pain get to me a little bit now that I have a family

This scene always touches me but I can't be crying like no buh buh buh buh

bytch

I'll permit some aggressive mistiness

Last edited:

Milk N Cookies

(Self-titled) Queen of the Film Room
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Movies and tv shows
I see this thread a lot. I think we should flip it. What scenes make you cry out of happiness? I posted Ceelie seeing Netti after many years later. And that tearfulness IMO comes from the happiness you feel for Ceelie because of all the bullshyt she went through before seeing her sister.(If you said it was also sad, I wouldn't argue. Kind of on some finding true love in your early 70's or some shyt. Where its good you found love but, you might not have it for a long time) But I go the other way to me its a great payoff. What are scenes like this. 99% of sad scenes generally involve death, the inevitability of it, or how its a basic fact of life) But I'm drunk so what do I know. Just trying to provoke thought.

I can’t even listen to the song (got the soundtrack in my amazon library) and not tear up. I mean I sing this with all my heart and tear up at the same time!!! Effie went through hell and back!! This is the story of the Supremes and not even Diana Ross herself can’t deny it!! Now let me play this and cry happy tears.

You know what..: nah... I think it’s jist Jennifer’s voice. I know she’s associated with overkill and loud singing but she sang hell out this finale. She played the hell out of Effie and this song is more proof WHY she got that Oscar. Now I can’t remember if this was before she last her family members to the murder but you can really hear the emotions in her voice.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Dont cry but Robin Williams talking about his wife in Good Will Hunting

Also
It's not your fault

Dolla$

Minus the bullsh*t...life's great
Daps
If Beale Street Could Talk

I’ll never experience love like that :mjcry:

wtfyomom

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
only one movie i slightly teared up, cause it caught me completely off guard, Click with adam sandler, i expected some goofy comedy and suddenly it was a drama and the part where he was like fukk off to his pops but then later on the fonz was dying, shyt made my eyes water a little.

Miles Davis

Prince of Darkness
Daps
Reppin
Bebop
Black Panther..........Killmonger's last quote had me close to em :mjcry:
The movie didn’t make me cry, but I came close. It was the part where Killmonger is talking to his pops in the afterlife area and it’s just empty because as diaspora we’ve been cut off from our ancestors. That shyt hurt:mjcry:

Daps
everything scene thats supposed to make you cry...makes me cry :mjcry:

I remember being a little kid crying at the end of Pete's Dragon :mjcry:

most recently, i was bawling at the end of
Creed 2, the passin of the torch moment :mjcry: