What do you think is the best season of The Sopranos?

Best/Favorite season of The Sopranos (GOAT)

• Total voters

Busby

Real name no gimmicks..
Daps
Reppin
San Jose, Cali
I’m fresh off my first binge watch of the series and the season that enjoyed the most was season 4. Giving the results it seems like most of y’all didn’t like it :francis:

But the “Whitecaps” episode really stuck out to me and is by far one of the best episodes.

And i seem to be in the minority that really enjoyed 6A too :hubie:

I guess seeing Tony trying to redeem himself had me feeling good..I honestly feel “Join The Club” was the most emotional episodes of the entire series. Which makes the “Final 9” that much more gut punching :wow:

But I have to go back and re-watch the series later on this year to really make up my mind..

Fctftl

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I’m fresh off my first binge watch of the series and the season that enjoyed the most was season 4. Giving the results it seems like most of y’all didn’t like it :francis:

But the “Whitecaps” episode really stuck out to me and is by far one of the best episodes.

And i seem to be in the minority that really enjoyed 6A too :hubie:

I guess seeing Tony trying to redeem himself had me feeling good..I honestly feel “Join The Club” was the most emotional episodes of the entire series. Which makes the “Final 9” that much more gut punching :wow:

But I have to go back and re-watch the series later on this year to really make up my mind..
the entire series is a masterpiece to be honest, and the Finnerty shyt in 6A showed just how good Gandolfini was.

but shyt ya Whitecaps, Edie Falco put on a clinic acting wise and went toe to toe with Gandolfini.

I believe theres a reason if you look up the characters by screen time it goes like this

• James Gandolfini as Tony Soprano - 32:42:06 / 41.91%
    • 86 episodes
    • Top episode - [4.13] Whitecaps - 39:42 / [1.6] Pax Soprana - 65.65%
  • Edie Falco as Carmela Soprano - 11:20:33 / 14.54%
    • 85 episodes
    • Top episode - [5.6] Sentimental Education - 23:38 / 42.98%
  • Michael Imperioli as Christopher Moltisanti - 8:24:47 / 10.78%
    • 80 episodes
    • Top episode - [2.7] D-Girl - 26:29 / 47.28%

now despite Christufuh dying 3 episodes before the final he still had top three? why is that?

well Gandolfini, Falco, and Imperioli all had in common they were classically trained in acting. not stand ins, not Mickey Mouse shyt. legit theater veterans. no surprise at alll they got the most screen time.

funny enough Paulie was 4, but god damn, I dont care if Tony Sirocco was playing himself, he fit that part like a glove, exactly what the show was asking for.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Season 2 is my favorite season and balanced those goofy and dark moments the best to me. The vibrant warm colors pop, Tony isn’t even close to reaching irredeemable prick status like later, Richie’s crazy ass operating like he’s Tony Montana :laff:, degenerate Davey scurrying back to his hole :ufdup:, Furio’s introduction, and Big Puss joining #SnitchGang all made for a wild journey.

33e4b1c8-a8b0-4520-b163-d3981101d68a_text.gif

Puss: “How is he?”:ohhh:

Skip: “In a coma.” :beli:

Puss: “….fukk.” :snoop:

6B (or 7) is the best crafted season though, IMO, just off of how many integral plot points from Day 1 end up coming back full circle. I admire how grim it is. Reminded me of how Scorsese spun the 2nd half of Goodfellas into a coke-fueled paranoia nightmare. Except in this case, we end up with nine episodes of decay. Colors are dulled out to the point where Carm’s eyes look ghostly as hell and Satriales could be mistaken as an abandoned building. But what gets me the most is just how care-free Tony is at this point. Curbstompin’ mfs out in public, becoming the degenerate gambler he always despised and just living life with the safety valve off. :picard:

Walk Like a Man, Kennedy & Heidi, The Second Coming, The Blue Comet, & Made in America make for an all-time final stretch.

It’s such a hard watch thematically that I honestly can’t blame others who have it rated as their least favorite. 6B had me feeling the same way I did when finishing up Red Dead Redemption 2 and The Last of Us Part II.

Also, I was too young to watch this show in real-time, but it would’ve been interesting to see just how many people were still defending Tone at this point. :dead: I’m saying this after witnessing a mass social media stanning of Walter White at the end of Breaking Bad.

Daps
Reppin
206 & 734
2 for sure

It's all about Richie of course but you also get the troubling rise of Jackie Jr, you get to see Tony truly at his best; preying on his old friend from HS with the sporting goods store, just manipulating him into busting down the store, it's Tony Soprano at his evil best imo.

You get the card games with Sinatra Junior and the robbery of the other game by Jackie.

You get "it's the JACKET :krs: :unimpressed:"

And the crews were deep before people started dying, New York and New Jersey.

One of the best seasons of tv ever

Erratic415

Superstar
Daps
2 for sure

It's all about Richie of course but you also get the troubling rise of Jackie Jr, you get to see Tony truly at his best; preying on his old friend from HS with the sporting goods store, just manipulating him into busting down the store, it's Tony Soprano at his evil best imo.

You get the card games with Sinatra Junior and the robbery of the other game by Jackie.

You get "it's the JACKET :krs: :unimpressed:"

And the crews were deep before people started dying, New York and New Jersey.

One of the best seasons of tv ever

The Jackie Jr robbery stuff was in season 3. He appears late in season 2 though, talking about how he’ll do a hit and Junior mocks him.

Another real shytty thing from Tony is when Carmela is suggesting he get a vasectomy, and he says in front of A.J. “I’m supposed to get a vasectomy when this is my male heir??”. Then when he later gives an apology to A.J. and is going to spend time with him, he leaves to go commit a murder. A murder that any one of his guys could have committed.

Carmela: If you’re going to keep fukking around, you should get a vasectomy. A b*stard child would embarrass this family.

Tony: Hey, I had her tested for AIDS!

:dead: