what do you consider 'Elite' strength for the gym...

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
You got some weak mofo's in your gym....

Bench-405: I saw it regularly when I went to a gym in encino(rich people who work out are on all type of steroids :picard: )
Squat: 4 plates, once in a while I see someone hit 3 plates like me, but rarely over 4....
Deadlift: 5 plates
Incline bench= never pay attention I dont do them

But in general I rarely see peeps do pull-ups, dips and push-ups....

Funny thing is mofo's cant wait to do bicep curls in the power rack :russ::stopitslime:
If people most only knew the cheat code to getting big arms. Oh well can't help every one :yeshrug:
Your gym is the Top 1%.....nobody benching 405 like that...you got elite lifters where you at...

I always say cats on the internet Mr. Olympia, lifting like prime CT Fletcher but in reality if you can lift more than your weight, you're doing good out here.....and we don't know where you started so a 225 bench might be great if you started at 115 or something...

Serious

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
1st Round Playoff Exits
Your gym is the Top 1%.....nobody benching 405 like that...you got elite lifters where you at...

I always say cats on the internet Mr. Olympia, lifting like prime CT Fletcher but in reality if you can lift more than your weight, you're doing good out here.....and we don't know where you started so a 225 bench might be great if you started at 115 or something...
Yeah I mean dudes were roided up. It was my first gym, so I thought every gym was like that.

Daps
fukk y'all nikkax I'm like 182 & I dead 230 max squat 230 max. Put 5 lbs extra on each side every week. Don't bench but my push-up game groovy :smugfavre:

Jimmy Two-Times™

Coli Mods Catch Me If U Can Forgive Me Imma Ridah™
Daps
Reppin
Peckham™ Come Get Me!
Unless you want bad joints as an old man and are crippled.

Google all of you favourite top tier athletes that you can remember from decades ago and 80% of them cannot even walk or use their arms properly from the years of intense training.

Just don't lift like you're an Olympic athlete and you'll be okay.

Remember the life rule: EVERYTHING IN MODERATION!

MustafaSTL

Achievement In Every Field of Human Endeavor
Daps
Damn I’m advanced at the deadlift and intermediate on bench and squat...How does that happen.
Yeah using that chart, I'm right between advanced and elite on the bench, between intermediate and advanced on deadlift, and right about at advanced on squat.

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My gym has bodybuilders and powerlifters so I stay seeing dudes squat/dead/bench 5-6 plates constantly. :francis:

Daps
Reppin
The Last of the Outlaws
I know how to control my volume so I'm not fearful of being the old guy telling people I used to deadlift 5 plates for reps in 15-20 years

It's so subjective. I'm more intrigued by small athletes pulling pushing double their body weight than seeing guys my size do what we're supposed to be doing

Nobody my height squats/deadlifts around here worth a shyt so I have to go by instagram/YouTube

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
my old gym was hardcore...shyt influenced me...for better for worse..i put some mileage on my body there but i got my respect

my current gym there's few overachievers...i mean some of the cats marvelled at the fact that my big self can do multiple sets of pullups deadweight lol

Inspect Her Deck

Skins of all colours come together as brothers
Daps
I don't do one rep maxes, but my 5x5 right now reads as follows (in lbs for you Americans):

bench press - 165
deadlift - 220
squat - 209
overhead press - 99
barbell row - 116

it's been a while since I did the program though and I know for sure my deadlift and overhead will be a lot higher now.

I have a long way to go brehs...

Daps
'Elite' strength in my opinion: gotta be in the 3-4-5 club. 300 lb bench, 400 lb squat and 500 lb deadlift. For those numbers, you're probably top 2-5% of all gym goers. 4-5-6 club is probably top 1%.

Perception of what's normal depends a lot on the kinds of gyms you've been in. At my work gym, the men are physically stronger than the gym near my house. My home gym is full of younger 20-somethings and few of them can bench over 200 lbs. However, I see a lot of them doing box jumps, pull-ups, weighted dips, tire flipping etc. Work gym, it's middle age guys that mostly focus on old school barbell weights. I will say this....the young dudes don't skip leg day. Old heads don't put as much work in on their backs and legs. Mostly chest, shoulders and arms. Asians go hard on the squats, white and black are 50/50....Latinos and Arabs don't even seem to know how to use the squat rack for anything but bench and shoulder press.