What did you start cooking when you first learned how to cook?

miranda

Banned
Supporter
Daps
i hate cooking now, but i used to love it
i got this when i was like 8
558850.jpg

and i just learned to make all the stuff my mom made by watching and helping

i cant remember if you are black american, but this is really good
71sTSCGA3+L._SL256_.jpg

thirdeye

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I've been cooking almost my whole life. Hmmm what did I start cooking? Chicken stir-fry noodles at like 15

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
So no one is going to point out the grammatical errors in the title? :patrice:

Mr. Negative

Conspiracy Weirdo
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Mississippi Cotton Field
So at 23, I think that it's maybe time that I learned how to cook.
I'm tired of eating chow mein noodles & those little bowls of mac & cheese shells. :mjcry:

What entrees should I start out with first?What would you consider the easiest and the hardest to make?

*Please leave any tips or tricks.

it's gonna sound odd.... but learn to cook pancakes and scrambled eggs in separate pans.

no, really.

it teaches you timing and temperature control.

I don't care what anyone say, those two things are BY FAR the most essential things to learn.

It's incredibly easy to totally ruin, but at the same time it's extremely cheap so when you mess it up it's no big deal.

Action Mike

All praise..
Daps
learning to cook at 23?????:damn::damn:

:scust:you people are sick

:blessed:thank you jesus im african

:whoa:im outta here

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
When I first learned how to cook I learned how to cook full meals, like Tacos, or friend chicken, home made mac & cheese, vegetables, and corn bread, and meatloaf & mashed potatoes. Whenever it was my night to cook, that's what I would make. My dad would be like, ":comeon: which one of your 3 meals are we having tonight"

:mjlol:

but just find easy stuff,

like mashed potatoes, rice, baked chicken, spaghetti, tacos etc.

agnosticlady

AL loves da kids : )
Daps
I started learning how to cook at 7 years old. I come from a Nigerian family so learning how to cook was mandatory. When I first learned I would cook things like Rice, plantains, scrambled eggs, pasta, meat pies, baked chicken, and etc. Cooking is not hard just follow the directions the first time. After following directions the first few times look to see what you like and dislike then add or take away from there. I suggest letting others taste what you cook so that you can get an objective perspective. What may taste good to you may taste bad to others. I have a high tolerance for spicy food, while some people that I know have a very low tolerance for it, so once they eat something that is mild they think that it is too spicy for them.

Action Mike

All praise..
Daps
I started learning how to cook at 7 years old. I come from a Nigerian family so learning how to cook was mandatory. When I first learned I would cook things like Rice, plantains, scrambled eggs, pasta, meat pies, baked chicken, and etc. Cooking is not hard just follow the directions the first time. After following directions the first few times look to see what you like and dislike then add or take away from there. I suggest letting others taste what you cook so that you can get an objective perspective. What may taste good to you may taste bad to others. I have a high tolerance for spicy food, while some people that I know have a very low tolerance for it, so once they eat something that is mild they think that it is too spicy for them.

:lupe:yoroba or igbo?

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
:snoop: im slacking my momma stay telling to learn how to cook, cuz all of the men in her family can cook.

Rawtid

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I prefer baking to cooking. Baking is more "scientific" so the failure is easily explained and you know how to fix it next time. You know based on taste, texture and activity if you need to add more of what ingredient. I found with cooking, if I mess up I'm not sure what the hell happened. The only thing I know for sure is when I've added too much salt. Other than that I'm not sure what kind of flavors blend well together.

I would say try to learn more cooking techniques. How long to bake,broil,fry,roast etc something before it's considered under/over cooked. I use the oven timer and meat thermometers a lot because that helps me estimate. Because I'm bad with flavors still, I like to try seasoning packets and that helps me get an idea of what flavors can go well together.