What character from comics has potential to be the second comic book movie Oscar winner?

Still FloW

Gawd Of Shinobi
Daps
Reppin
Inside K. Michelle's Box
I think Fassbender as Mr Freeze would be fukking crazy.

DC really fukked shyt up when they made their universe with an old Batman. It's like those stupid fukks wanted to fail. Old Batman. Giving the reins to Snyder. Jesus Christ.

you say that like you knew the end goal for Snyders universe. just cause marvel did a 20 movie universe doesn't mean all studios have to.. doesn't seem like the universe Snyder was building was a long one.. relax

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Na, he killed that role. He made the dark knight and made directors take notice in the emphasis on a major antagonist.
Was he even better than Aaron Eckhart as Two-Face? Tom Hardy as Bain, RDJ as Ironman, Jack Earle Haley as Rorschach or Mickey Rourke as Marv?
All these are on par if not better performances IMO.

Amirah Dyme's Husband

I LOVE IG MODELS
Daps
Reppin
IG MODELS
Its always been spiderman to me

He's been through so much shyt his life covers almost every genre of entertainment from Drama to comedy.

The aspects of Spiderman 2 could have gotten a shot if we had some more intense ass acting...Spiderman who's broke as hell, having relationship problems, lost his powers, dealing with a villains who's a tragic villain....

If Raimi was more deep with it he could have been nominated. Iunno if you're gonna get that level of performance from Tobey tho.
Static Shock would be more likely even Blue Beetle tbh.

Mortal1

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Bay Area
Yeah, no other comic book movie character won an acting Oscar and like 3 in the history of movies have been nominated. What on Earth could have changed the Academy's mind? :jbhmm:
Your doing the shoulda woulda coulda thing breh all we can go off is the performance and it was great why wouldn't you think he'd get nominated and win when he just was noimated for a Oscar a few years before. :yeshrug:

• Dap
Reactions: ECA

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
Your doing the shoulda woulda coulda thing breh all we can go off is the performance and it was great why wouldn't you think he'd get nominated and win when he just was noimated for a Oscar a few years before. :yeshrug:
In a comic book movie?
And really, I'm just highlighting the Oscars are highly politicized and mostly bullshyt. I don't need them to tell me who had a greatest performance in a comic book movie.
Heath was great, but the best? Nah.
Dances with Wolves should have never beat Goodfellas for Best Picture.
DiCaprio should have beat Chris Waltz and Matthew McConoughey
And Crash should have never won best picture ever.

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
It's Fassbender's Magneto...anyone saying otherwise hasn't paid attention to the Oscar's the last 25 years. He's a fukking orphaned Nazi hunting mutant separatist. That's like 4 different Oscar nominated films right there.

Tell me that ain't some intense shyt you could have seen in Munich or the Pianist...or Saving Private Ryan...

Too bad Fox didn't give a shyt about continuity...

Killmonger could have been Oscar-worthy, but I don't think the Oscar's are ready for a black empowerment villain. Also MBJ was a little rough around the edges.

Chiwtfor Edjodtor...yeah I fukked that up...is going to do some damage as Baron Mordo. He won't be nominated because of future film's tone however.

Last edited:

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Isn't it a bit of a lie that Ledger is the best comic book movie performance ever? I seriously doubt he would have won or even been nominated if he was alive.

He was snubbed of an oscar two years prior. You tryna act like he was Hayden Christiansen status :dead:

Jermio

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Ledger would have won for The Joker had he lived. That performance was just undeniable. It's like if Russell Crowe died after filming Gladiator, but even more than that.