What character from comics has potential to be the second comic book movie Oscar winner?

voltronblack

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
would have to be an outcasted, sad, emotional hulk i presume

Yeah, maybe they could approach the character like a wolf man or Frankensteins monster. Bruce trying to maintain control and his humanity while everyone is against him

Did you two not watch Ang Lee Hulk movie he try doing just that and people hate it they thought it was melodramatic and boring.

Rhapture

♊Dogset Emperor and Sociopathic Socialite ♊
Supporter
Daps
Did you two not watch Ang Lee Hulk movie he try doing just that and people hate it they thought it was melodramatic and boring.
I doubt that now Hulk is backed by Disney, a movie about him would be anything like Ang Lee's movie lol. I get your point though

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
Heath Ledger is the GOAT, of course. But what comic book character do y'all think has the potential to have an Oscar winning performance? And if you have someone in mind or the role isn't castes already, who could you see playing the role?

I don't think anyone saw Ledger coming out and delivering an all time performance without TDK, so this could be fun to speculate.

I'm thinking if there was a new DCU with non-shyt heads running it, Under The Red Hood could be an excellent showcase for whoever winds up playing the eponymous character.

SMFH Heath woulda won another damn Oscar if he was able to do The Killing Joke. That shyt would be legendary.

I need help picking non-Batman stories obviously :pachaha:

If Dame Judi Dench can win for two seconds being herself in Shakespear in Love, or that old lady for flinging that diamond in the ocean in Titanic, why can't Sterling K Brown be nominated for N'Jobu?

I mean, the 'no tears for me?' scene is everything.

Tenchi Ryu

Ashtray B!tch
Daps
Reppin
Chicago - SouthSide - Wild 100s
Its always been spiderman to me

He's been through so much shyt his life covers almost every genre of entertainment from Drama to comedy.

The aspects of Spiderman 2 could have gotten a shot if we had some more intense ass acting...Spiderman who's broke as hell, having relationship problems, lost his powers, dealing with a villains who's a tragic villain....

If Raimi was more deep with it he could have been nominated. Iunno if you're gonna get that level of performance from Tobey tho.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Daredevil.

Not the netflix formula though. Something scorsese esque. But with Raid Redemption -caliber action. And different actors/casting.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
Wolverine. I'm in minority when I say hugh Jackman was overrated.
Theyll probably never do it but if they re-did a movie about his origin showing him living throughout various timelines and film it along the lines of movies like legends of the fall, the thin red line and the last samurai i can see it grabbing an oscar.

But then at the end of the day the studios might just still see him as only a super hero who has claws and goes berserk all the time

Last edited:

duncanthetall

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
WHODEY/BIGBLUE/SNOWGANG/MIDNIGHTBOYZ
Wolverine. I'm in minority when I say hugh Jackman was overrated.
Nope, I agree with you. He was only truly good in Logan, I feel, and that's more due to the script than anything. Wolvie needs to be recast and they need to cast a short mothafukka this time goddamn