What Champagne do you typically buy?

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
Is there a Moet shortage right now?

I couldn't find any (the normal kind) at the liquor store last week and everyone I see drinking Champagne at those Biden victory celebrations has Cliquot.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
Anyone try the moet rose nectar imperial and regular nectar imperial? (Black bottle) what’s the difference?

How is that roederer de blanc?

I had the Rose Brut and it was really good.

I haven't tried the Nectar ones but apparently those are sweeter

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
So on Friday night I had a bottle of Moet Rose brut and Veuve Cliquot.

They were both really good. But as far as regular, brut champagne goes I think I like Moet more than Cliquot. Moet seems more justifiable paying 45 dollars for than Cliquot IMO.

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
Best value you can find reasonably easily is Schramsberg Blanc de Blancs for about $27; that's a motherfukking cheat code. Next is Gruet Blancs de Noirs or Blancs de Blancs for $12. I don't really fukk with sparklers in the $40-90 range; stuff like Ruinart is good, but isn't worth 2.5x a Schramsberg. I either get a Schramsberg or level up with Krug at $175.

There's never any reason to drink shyt like Korbel. Gruet costs the same and is 100x better.

Moet is overpriced, same with Veuve Clicquot.

Do you like Dom Perignon?

Pseudonym

Secretary of Defense of #catset
Supporter
Daps
:jbhmm: I don't think I've bought actual champagne before, just wine.

Usually when I drink champagne, it's someone else's party

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
In recent weeks I've tried Lanson Black Label and Louis Roederer Brut NV, both were very good though the latter was a lot better, that was basically a perfect Champagne or pretty close to it at least.

I'm drinking a Gruet Blanc de Noirs (not Champagne but American sparkling wine) right now off a recommendation from this thread and it's pretty good, it reminds me of a Rose. A great value for 15 dollars too.