What Are Your Favourite Final Fantasy Characters?

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Rydia
Edge
Cecil
Rosa
Kain
Locke
Celes
Terra
Shadow
Cloud
Tifa
Barrett
Wakka
Lulu
Auron

I'm always going to keep the original 5 main from FFIV in the lineup.
I've played VIII and IX, but don't quite remember them I don't think I beat either.
FFIV:
Playable: Rydia
Non-playable: Golbez or the Magus Sisters

FFVI:
Playable: Terra
Non-playable: Kefka

FFVII:
Playable: Tifa
Non-playable: Jessie

FFX:
Playable: Auron
Non-Playable: Jecht

FFXI:
Favorite class: Ninja
Non-Playable: Perih Vashai (gives the Ranger class quest)

FFXIV:
Favorite class: Astrologian
Non-Playable: Aymeric

Best Summon: Titan
Right from the time Rydia bodied that whole mountain range, I fell in love with this franchise.

I highly prefer class-based Final Fantasy games.

Last edited:

Relldaproblem

Heart Breaker
Daps
Reppin
Nipple Light Specials
You have a neg worthy (I dont neg) opinon of the FF6 cast but two of your favorite characters are Tidus and Sazh?

:huhldup:
Tidus is an extremely well written character. That has tremendous growth and development through out the entirety of the game. People just bash him because of his design and this stigma that he's whiny. FF6 cast is trash. Majority of it is filler. Monster boy and Gogo where will done characters?

Rell Shyt

Relldaproblem

Heart Breaker
Daps
Reppin
Nipple Light Specials
Yes, and yes. If anything Edge is the generic ninja, Shadow has an entire back story and subplot to discover at least

Backstory? You mean the one you have to actively know how to trigger? What subplot do Shadow got? Him trying to get a sword cuz that's all it was. As opposed to Edge whos a much better designed and fleshed out character. Fighting for his kingdom and his parents. Adding a new dynamic and actually relevancy to the story of 4. You know how important Shadow was to the story of 6? He was so important he could die and you would never know he was gone. Because he added that much to the story. He's a trash character like the rest of 6's roster besides Terra & Celes.

Rell Shyt

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Backstory? You mean the one you have to actively know how to trigger? What subplot do Shadow got? Him trying to get a sword cuz that's all it was. As opposed to Edge whos a much better designed and fleshed out character. Fighting for his kingdom and his parents. Adding a new dynamic and actually relevancy to the story of 4. You know how important Shadow was to the story of 6? He was so important he could die and you would never know he was gone. Because he added that much to the story. He's a trash character like the rest of 6's roster besides Terra & Celes.

Rell Shyt

It was more about a sword, it was his lineage. The fact that they gave character who could be optional in the second half of the game that much lore was incredible.

Edge basically joins you on some “you going my way” type deal and thats all it ever is. He’s the LEAST interesting character in IV.

Rydia, Cecil, Kain, Terra, Goblez, Palom, Porom, shyt, even Cid is more useful.

BulletProof

Just a B@stard Living in a Suit
Daps
Reppin
Neck ties and boxing gloves.
Tidus is an extremely well written character. That has tremendous growth and development through out the entirety of the game. People just bash him because of his design and this stigma that he's whiny. FF6 cast is trash. Majority of it is filler. Monster boy and Gogo where will done characters?

Rell Shyt
Tidu and Gau are nursing similar daddy issues except Gau handles his like a man and was just happy his pops was doing okay.

Tidus's crybaby ass at least had a,mother and everything he needed/wanted including a samurai uncle to babysit him because of Jecht. Who was famous and sucessful in both worlds.

S-Class functional alcoholic. So much he was the GOAT superstar professional athlete, personal John Wick to the most important man in the world, and is THE living, breathing, walking extinction level event to all existence.

The man deserves a drink.

Gau was born out of a dead woman's womb and was raised by them WOLVES in those monster infested Veldt streets.

:demonic:

He helped reverse the Apocalypse and kill God.

At twelve years old.

And with Gogo, bring up one of the extra credit characters because you dont have a leg to stand on, breh.

Even Gogo lays his head in the belly of the beast and can kill you with a look.

Noticed you wisely didnt bring that silly ass FF13 nonsense up again.

Last edited:

BulletProof

Daps
Reppin

Rell Shyt
Thats an extremely flawed argument.

You can beat 6 with just Celes, Edar, and Setzer. So, you can apply that to the majority of the cast.

And since we're talking about meaningless death.

Theres no game who exploits death and makes it meaningless in the series than 4. All those pumpfakes take away from the story, tragedy, and any valuable stakes.

I'm not going to let you be divisive when it comes to Edge and Shadow. I fukks with. both.

That said while Edge's story is tragic so is the mass majority of the FF6 cast including Shadow.

Almost everyone lost people under tragic circumstances. Edge would have been just an addition to that. It wouldnt have been anymore impactful than anyone else's story.

Shadow's story was told in a way unique to him. That was one of the primary goals of the people behind FF6 concerning the majority of the cast. Given his mystique, that was executed well.

Honestly, I hate to say it but Edge's backstory was super rushed. It was a lore dump before you were even made to care about the character. The only people who instantly liked Edge were...well 90s edgelords and people who thought ninjas were cool.

Shadow's scenario explored survivor's guilt, being emotionally crippled, the professional cost of loyalty, redemption, and eventually sacrifice. Shadow had a run like Spike in Cowboy Bebop.

Oh, and if you played properly (that shyt is on you) he snuck Sabin through an enemy camp with the emperor's top TWO generals, fought ghosts side by side on a train heading to the great beyond, his dog saved his a future team member, HELD OFF KEFKA'S MINIONS BY HIMSELF TO SAVE EVERYONE ELSE (Floating Island sorry if that fukking went over your head) and helped to reverse the Apocalypse killing god finally bringing his redemption arc to an end.

Oh, and he repped FF in Square's 3-D demo with Locke and Terra for a reason.

He's also not a generic ninja. Ninjas arent typically written as struggling with guilt and trauma.

Again, I really dont like talking shyt about Edge, but he's another adult dealing with parental loss whos blindly emotional.

So his contributions are the losing parents tragically trope and simping for Rydia. And throwing frying pans.

So, that now Tidus and Edge you passionately defended and made a case for.

I understand now, young man.

Go call your Dad.

He'll answer this time.

Promise.

Last edited:

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
I'll come up with a list later but reading all these just makes me appreciate FF IX's cast more - the GOAT all-round team too personality-wise

Relldaproblem

Heart Breaker
Daps
Reppin
Nipple Light Specials
It was more about a sword, it was his lineage. The fact that they gave character who could be optional in the second half of the game that much lore was incredible.

Edge basically joins you on some “you going my way” type deal and thats all it ever is. He’s the LEAST interesting character in IV.

Rydia, Cecil, Kain, Terra, Goblez, Palom, Porom, shyt, even Cid is more useful.
Edge joins your party because Rydia convinces him to join. Originally he was going to go dolo but changed his mind because of her. While in the process of going with the party his motivation and priorities changed his character develops. I Completely agree with you that Edge is on the bottom half of interesting characters in 4. But that goes to show how weak Shadow is in comparison.

Rell Shyt

Relldaproblem

Heart Breaker
Daps
Reppin
Nipple Light Specials
Tidu and Gau are nursing similar daddy issues except Gau handles his like a man and was just happy his pops was doing okay.

Tidus's crybaby ass at least had a,mother and everything he needed/wanted including a samurai uncle to babysit him because of Jecht. Who was famous and sucessful in both worlds.

S-Class functional alcoholic. So much he was the GOAT superstar professional athlete, personal John Wick to the most important man in the world, and is THE living, breathing, walking extinction level event to all existence.

The man deserves a drink.

Gau was born out of a dead woman's womb and was raised by them WOLVES in those monster infested Veldt streets.

:demonic:

He helped reverse the Apocalypse and kill God.

At twelve years old.

And with Gogo, bring up one of the extra credit characters because you dont have a leg to stand on, breh.

Even Gogo lays his head in the belly of the beast and can kill you with a look.

Noticed you wisely didnt bring that silly ass FF13 nonsense up again.
To compare Monster boy to Tidus is disrespectful. Gau handled his like a man compared to Tidus? Gau found his dad and his pops still ain't claim him. Told that man I ain't got no Son. Monster boy had to go back to the wild and eat more monster meat. Compared to Tidus who handled his like a G. Tidus found out who his pops was. Came to grips with the fact he had to be the one to stop him and in doing that end his own life. Knew all this,kept it to himself and was still was upbeat the whole game. Real conflict.

You made a mention of Gogo like the majority of the cast ain't optional after a certain point lol. Theres only three mandatory characters in 6. Celes, Edgar and Simp Gambler. Ain't nothing extra credit about him. He's a character in the game along with the rest of the filler roster.

You damn right I ain't bring up 13 again. I like Sazh but I dont like the game that much to be discussing him like that. He's the only character in that game I remotely remember.

I didnt see you second post but ima touch on that later.

Rell Shyt

BulletProof

Daps
Reppin
To compare Monster boy to Tidus is disrespectful. Gau handled his like a man compared to Tidus? Gau found his dad and his pops still ain't claim him. Told that man I ain't got no Son. Monster boy had to go back to the wild and eat more monster meat. Compared to Tidus who handled his like a G. Tidus found out who his pops was. Came to grips with the fact he had to be the one to stop him and in doing that end his own life. Knew all this,kept it to himself and was still was upbeat the whole game. Real conflict.

You made a mention of Gogo like the majority of the cast ain't optional after a certain point lol. Theres only three mandatory characters in 6. Celes, Edgar and Simp Gambler. Ain't nothing extra credit about him. He's a character in the game along with the rest of the filler roster.

You damn right I ain't bring up 13 again. I like Sazh but I dont like the game that much to be discussing him like that. He's the only character in that game I remotely remember.

I didnt see you second post but ima touch on that later.

Rell Shyt
They both came to grips with it in different ways, sure.

Gau was just more of a man about his. He was just glad to meet his pops.

Gau saw he was struggling with trauma and mental illness after losing his wife.

While everyone else was ready to go in on his Dad for being a deadbeat, Gau was like, "My dudes, chill. I'm just glad I met him. He's going through enough right now. He aint got heat, his clock is broken, his lawn needs cut. He's all alone. I'm going to send him Gau's treasure to melt down into scrap gold but first, we're going to kill God."

That monster "boy" as you called him, did more by age 12 then most grown ass estranged sons do now. He's old school and pulled himself by what has to be severly calloused feet.

Tidus came to fully deal with the Jecht thing but it took the entire game.

Tidus handled it like every other whiney spoiled kid whose Daddy works hard to give him everything he wants. Tidus's a rich celebrity's kid upset that his Daddy is a "real jerk."

And unlike Gau who tells his friends to ease off his old man, Tidus spiteful childish attitude towards his father gets checked by other members of the party.

Yuna tells him, "Dude, your Dad's a fukking hero."

Auron's thinking, "This whiney motherfu- look you'll understand soon enough."

Kimhari's rolling his eyes like I got the same job as this petulant little shyt"

Wakka's thinking, "Ay, my man my brother is dead. He was a real one. I shouldnt have gave you his sword."

Rikku's like, "Jesus. Get over that and get machina and p*ssy, nikka."

And Lulu's saying, "HEY TIDUS, MY EYES ARE UP HERE!"

I'm with him on that last one.

Bet he listens to angsty Daddy didnt love me Zanarkand rock before a Blitzball game.

Not realizing his father and his uncle were prepping him to stand next to him in saving the world. Tidus happy go lucky momma's boy ass was skipping to school and Jecht had to toughen him up.

That whale was smiling watching his only son that made it.

Uhhh...you brought up Gogo. I was just defending him.

Its good you dropped Sanzh. Wise decision. Made you look beta.

Oh, and based upon this conversarion, you should pick a different FF8 character. Freak or not, Quis doesnt fukk with guys as in touch with their feelings as you.

Ask Squall.

Last edited: