What are the best midwest cities with at least 30% Black people?

King Poetic

R.I.P. GOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
California
First thing u have to ask , how’s that city economy

Detroit, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Toledo is always on the list as the poorest cities

I don’t know too much about Milwaukee, but I hear shyt like it’s not really a place for professional black men, I might be wrong but don’t know

Chicago and Minneapolis are the top choices even tho that winter will kill your ass unless the nikkas or cops get u first

I would consider Buffalo Midwest even though they considered east because of New York state

At least with Buffalo, u only 2 hours to Toronto

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
The Midwest is ass. I been told y'all this

The West - earthquakes, wildfires, droughts, the coast is expected to break off like a Kit Kat bar one day.
The South - region most likely to suffer the most from climate change due to hurricanes, tropical storms, extreme temps, crop droughts, etc. Miami sinking.
The Northeast - heat waves, droughts, hurricanes, flooding, ice storms, more black outs

Midwest is gonna be the last region standing in this country. When yall start packing yall bags to move there in 2035, just know it ain't gonna be as cheap as it is right now :shaq:

Last edited:

murksiderock

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
SMF and LAX to VA and NC
Large Midwest city black populations by percentage listed below. Based on 2020 Census estimates:

Detroit 77.2%

Cleveland 47.6%
St Louis 43.8%
Cincinnati 40.7%

Chicago 28.9%
Columbus 28.6%
Indianapolis 28%
Kansas City 26.7%

Minneapolis 18.9%
St Paul 17.1%

You got slim pickings if you're looking for a big city with a minimum of 30% black. For my money Cincy is the best of four options that aren't all that appealing...

The only large Midwest city I'd actually choose to live in would be Columbus...

Midsized Midwest cities if you want a bit of a smaller city:

Dayton 39.7%
Milwaukee 38.3%

Grand Rapids 18.3%

Omaha 12.2%

Anything smaller than these cities are small, you still have options but it really depends on the size of city you want. Don't you live in Philly? Would you prefer another big city?

Of the midsized Midwest cities none are really appealing but I had to pick one, I guess it would be Grand Rapids...

Many great cities don't have a citywide residency of 30% black, but you can live in neighborhoods that are plenty black in many cities below that 30% threshold. Don't limit yourself...

A long time ago, Columbus, Ohio was ranked #1 for Black families

Describe what Columbus was like to live in. How long were you there? I git a city crush on C'bus...

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Large Midwest city black populations by percentage listed below. Based on 2020 Census estimates:

Detroit 77.2%

Cleveland 47.6%
St Louis 43.8%
Cincinnati 40.7%

Chicago 28.9%
Columbus 28.6%
Indianapolis 28%
Kansas City 26.7%

Minneapolis 18.9%
St Paul 17.1%

You got slim pickings if you're looking for a big city with a minimum of 30% black. For my money Cincy is the best of four options that aren't all that appealing...

The only large Midwest city I'd actually choose to live in would be Columbus...

Midsized Midwest cities if you want a bit of a smaller city:

Dayton 39.7%
Milwaukee 38.3%

Grand Rapids 18.3%

Omaha 12.2%

Anything smaller than these cities are small, you still have options but it really depends on the size of city you want. Don't you live in Philly? Would you prefer another big city?

Of the midsized Midwest cities none are really appealing but I had to pick one, I guess it would be Grand Rapids...

Many great cities don't have a citywide residency of 30% black, but you can live in neighborhoods that are plenty black in many cities below that 30% threshold. Don't limit yourself...

Describe what Columbus was like to live in. How long were you there? I git a city crush on C'bus...
I live in Detroit

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
The West - earthquakes, wildfires, droughts, the coast is expected to break off like a Kit Kat bar one day.
The South - region most likely to suffer the most from climate change due to hurricanes, tropical storms, extreme temps, crop droughts, etc. Miami sinking.
The Northeast - heat waves, droughts, hurricanes, flooding, ice storms, more black lights

Midwest is gonna be the last region standing in this country. When yall start packing yall bags to move there in 2035, just know it ain't gonna be as cheap as it is right now :shaq:

This mane talm bout droughts and tornadoes.:russ: If Yellowstone go off the Midwest is dead:damn::sadbron:

main-qimg-d3042398f6f5f3a3b5f0870bc4dae715.webp

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
This mane talm bout droughts and tornadoes.:russ: If Yellowstone go off the Midwest is dead:damn::sadbron:

main-qimg-d3042398f6f5f3a3b5f0870bc4dae715.webp
:comeon:

"Although it is possible, scientists are not convinced that there will ever be another catastrophic eruption at Yellowstone. Given Yellowstone's past history, the yearly probability of another caldera-forming eruption can be approximated as 1 in 730,000 or 0.00014%."

"The results of those studies enabled them to determine the current state of the supervolcano, and predict that a new catastrophic caldera-forming eruption likely will happen only in 1 million to 2 million years, probably in Montana. An eruption of power has not occurred in the world for at least 74,000 years."

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
While yall in a drought @Ezekiel 25:17 , only allowed to take 3 showers a week, 10 mins max --- we gonna be in the Great Lakes, enjoying the cool breeze from the brisk air....standing on the lakefront and looking onward...it's a great feeling knowing that I don't have to worry about fresh water, something essential for all life on earth:ahh:

Who Not How

Superstar
Daps
Yes it is. Blacks can thrive anywhere. Foolishness

Still looking for a ‘Black mecca,’ the new Great Migration

But as fast as the money was coming in, it was going out. And when Minnesota moved toward HMOs and their complex rules and regulation, D’Ivoire Johnson says, her grandfather’s days were numbered. After years of legal fights and audits, Johnson closed his clinic in 1988 and quickly lost his real estate, too. D’Ivoire Johnson thinks her grandfather’s legal problems were part of a much larger issue facing the city’s Black leaders.

“My friend Stacey would joke there’s something going on in Minnesota. The moment you make $149,999, there’s some White person somewhere in some office that comes to find you,” she said.

“Every Black person in Minnesota that I’ve seen try to have some independence and do very well, I’ve watched them get dismantled for minor technicalities,” she added. “I’ve been working in financial institutions since the foreclosure crisis in audit and compliance positions, so I’ve actually seen the things that they do and Black folks just could never … I now sit in these institutions that are constantly under the consent order and they get to survive. We don’t. If a Black business is audited, it’s going to close.”

When D’Ivoire Johnson decided to leave Minneapolis, it was in hopes of not having her two sons grow up in what’s been called the “Minnesota paradox.” The phrase was coined by labor economist Samuel L. Myers Jr. in reference to how while Minnesotans enjoy some of the highest living standards in the country, they also suffer from some of the widest racial gaps in employment and income.

“I wanted my kids to grow up and see Black people thriving,” she said. “Minneapolis is great, but not for Black folks. If you ever really want to participate in the economy in a way that’s going to create growth, you can’t do that in Minneapolis.

“Minneapolis has a nonprofit mind-set, especially for Black people,” Johnson said. “So if you want to be a nonprofit, meaning nonprofitable, live in Minneapolis.”

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So many people saying Chicago. Most black folks are leaving or have left Chicago.
Because of where they were living and the fact that opportunity did not present itself. If you are a professional, you are loving the Chicago area as a black person. If you are in the wild hundreds or just south of downtown working part time and groaning every time your neighborhood is mentioned in the news, of course you are leaving. Folks are going to Detroit and Indiana to escape some of the foolishness as well as down south. Any one actually making money has more incentive to stay.