What Are The Best Comedy Sequels?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Basically every answer in thread will be a reach because truthfully... there ain’t no good comedy sequels.

It’s impossible to take a joke that worked once and make it work again, that not how humor works. You have to make all new one. It’d be like Chris rock redoing one of his famous standup routines but wearing a different outfit and filming it in a new location. Still the same jokes tho.

Which is why the naked gun movies and when nature calls work best for me because they’re different movies. Like they’re not trying to recreate what worked before except the style of comedy. But it’s brand new jokes. When nature calls is such a different movie than pet detective.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Basically every answer in thread will be a reach because truthfully... there ain’t no good comedy sequels.

It’s impossible to take a joke that worked once and make it work again, that not how humor works. You have to make all new one. It’d be like Chris rock redoing one of his famous standup routines but wearing a different outfit and filming it in a new location. Still the same jokes tho.
That is why I said eurotrip. Totally different movie.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Austin Powers 2
Christmas Vacation
Home Alone 2
Father of The Bride II
Jumanji 2
Sister Act 2

I can't co sign Austin powers 2 anymore. I watched that shyt fairly recently and it's aged like 2day old shyt. It feels like all it did was take the most famous parts of the first movie and make a 2nd movie full of those bits rather than taking the other strengths of the first movie, which was more than fat, fart, and dikk jokes.

Father of the bride 2 tho? :wow:

And yeah sister act 2 towers over the original for me

OJ Simpsom

Banned
Daps
I can't co sign Austin powers 2 anymore. I watched that shyt fairly recently and it's aged like 2day old shyt. It feels like all it did was take the most famous parts of the first movie and make a 2nd movie full of those bits rather than taking the other strengths of the first movie, which was more than fat, fart, and dikk jokes.
:comeon:Same shyt can easily be said about Ace Ventura 2. Matter a fact every comedy sequel takes the best shyt from the first. Stop it.