What Are The Best Comedy Sequels?

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I was flipping channels the other day and Horrible Bosses 2 was on. Which got me thinking about how wack that movie is and how tough it is to make a really dope comedy sequel. So what are some of the film rooms picks for best comedy sequels?

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eurotrip is a sequel? :dwillhuh:

Without thinking about this any, I prefer 22 Jump Street over 21 but I’m sure there are a few more.
To road trip. It was way better then road trip imo. And I forgot about 22 jump street bit I just really like the sequal bit they do at the end.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Eurotrip is a sequel? :dwillhuh:

Without thinking about this any, I prefer 22 Jump Street over 21 but I’m sure there are a few more.

I don't think its a sequel either. I think its just an alternative to road trip

22 jump street is a good one. Off the top of my head, comedy sequels that are just as good or better than the originals:

Ace Ventura When Nature Calls
22 Jump St
Harold and Kumar Guantanamo Bay
Anchorman 2 (yup and I stand by it)
And if its considered a comedy, the best man holiday is easily on par with the best man

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
I don't think its a sequel either. I think its just an alternative to road trip

22 jump street is a good one. Off the top of my head, comedy sequels that are just as good or better than the originals:

Ace Ventura When Nature Calls
22 Jump St
Harold and Kumar Guantanamo Bay
Anchorman 2 (yup and I stand by it)
And if its considered a comedy, the best man holiday is easily on par with the best man

Yeah I’m with you on that and I know we’re in the minority but I fukking love Anchorman 2. The fight scene is downright awful but if you take that part out it’s just as good, if not better, than the 1st.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Yeah I’m with you on that and I know we’re in the minority but I fukking love Anchorman 2. The fight scene is downright awful but if you take that part out it’s just as good, if not better, than the 1st.

Breh the shyt is hilarious front to back :russ: my only issue is its way too long. other than that its perfect

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Comedy Sequels :hhh:

Which is why I made this thread. Because I thought of Horrible Bosses 2...and then thought of Caddyshack 2, Dumb and Dumberer, Airplane 2, Fletch Lives, and the hangover 2 and 3

But there's also Waynes World 2, Christmas Vacation, Bill and Ted's Bogus Journey, Toy Story 2 (if you think of it as a comedy), clerks 2..the shyt is really difficult to make a successful comedy sequel. I think its harder to make a successful comedy sequel than it is any other genre in film.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Basically every answer in thread will be a reach because truthfully... there ain’t no good comedy sequels.

It’s impossible to take a joke that worked once and make it work again, that not how humor works. You have to make all new one. It’d be like Chris rock redoing one of his famous standup routines but wearing a different outfit and filming it in a new location. Still the same jokes tho.