What are some of the most overrated hip hop songs of all time?

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps
the entire chronic 2000 album.

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
:dwillhuh: .....at saying In Da Club is overated. That song is the only reason why 50 is even a thought to this day.

Most overated hip hop song in recent memory has to be.

Empire State Of Mind - :scusthov:

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Came in here to say this... not a terrible song, not a bad song... but even then, didn't get why it was being treated as the end-all be-all. They'd already had other hits, and had hits afterwards, but why THIS one became the biggest one of all still escapes me. Was it the video?

Also, every major Naughty By Nature hit. This includes 'O.P.P.', 'Feel Me Flow', and definitely fukkin' 'Hip-Hop Hooray'.

Cypress Hill's "Insane In The Brain". Blah.

"Jesus Walks" by Kanye. Dope song, but I've never gotten what made it so amazing in his eyes, nor anyone else's. Guess it was kinda slick that he called out how a song about God can't get airplay and challenged radio to play it, and it got played. But that's about it. The song itself...

Never got the hype over "Bling Bling" either. It was aight. But when it was out, you'da thought it was the definitive Cash Money Records single. Why?

"Empire State of Mind". Didn't hate it, but all that jumpin' up and down over it... never happened for me, maybe I'm just crazy.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Nah breh its 15+1 (meaning the magazine holds 15 with 1 in the chamber)
what you said would be 16+1 and that doesnt exist (at least for glocks)

OK, so when Nate Dogg said, "16 in the clip and 1 in the hollleeeee....."

????

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Nah breh its 15+1 (meaning the magazine holds 15 with 1 in the chamber)
what you said would be 16+1 and that doesnt exist (at least for glocks)

Not true. In fact, the original Glock, chambered in 9mm, the Glock 17, holds 17 in the magazine. So if you chambered a round and topped off the mag you'd be able to have 18 in the gun. Even the compact and sub-compact versions of the Glock chambered in 9mm can also fit any size magazine, as long as it's the same caliber. So technically, you could take a tiny ass sub-compact Glock 26 9mm, and use the 33 round magazine made for the fully automatic Glock 18 and it would look like this:

98f3f1576112.jpg

For the record I'm not a big fan of Glock, but whatever. They are practical as all hell though, I will give them that.

This is the classic Glock 17, with 17 rounds of 9mm ammo in the magazine.

glock17.jpg

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
OK, so when Nate Dogg said, "16 in the clip and 1 in the hollleeeee....."

????

Nate Dogg is hardly a firearm expert. In fact, the whole "16 in the clip, one in the hole" thing drives me crazy. It's been used by a fukk ton of rappers. No matter what gun you have, SIG, Glock, HK USP, 1911 variants, Springfields, whatever...the only way you're getting more than 15 rounds in the magazine (it's not called a clip, but that's another discussion) is if the gun is a 9mm, which is a smaller bullet.

Most full-size factory out-of-the-box 9mm handguns have a magazine capacity of 15 rounds. Some, like Glock, may have 17. The Springfield XD has a 16 round magazine in 9mm but that's about the only one I can think of.

I know I sound real high and mighty right now and I apologize. It's not you. :cheers:

BlvdBrawler

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Came in here to say this... not a terrible song, not a bad song... but even then, didn't get why it was being treated as the end-all be-all. They'd already had other hits, and had hits afterwards, but why THIS one became the biggest one of all still escapes me. Was it the video?

Also, every major Naughty By Nature hit. This includes 'O.P.P.', 'Feel Me Flow', and definitely fukkin' 'Hip-Hop Hooray'.

Cypress Hill's "Insane In The Brain". Blah.

"Jesus Walks" by Kanye. Dope song, but I've never gotten what made it so amazing in his eyes, nor anyone else's. Guess it was kinda slick that he called out how a song about God can't get airplay and challenged radio to play it, and it got played. But that's about it. The song itself...

Never got the hype over "Bling Bling" either. It was aight. But when it was out, you'da thought it was the definitive Cash Money Records single. Why?

"Empire State of Mind". Didn't hate it, but all that jumpin' up and down over it... never happened for me, maybe I'm just crazy.

Great post minus the last line.

I will add, everything Eminem has ever done.

Yea, I said it. And no, it's not just cause he's white.