What are some of the most overrated hip hop songs of all time?

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I'm gonna catch shyt for this, but read through before you judge. I also will preface this by saying it's a top 3 hip-hop song of ALL TIME to me. I'm not really overrating the song, rather than some of its audience.

T.R.O.Y. WAIT...Let me explain. Overplayed. Not overrated.

The SONG is not overrated, but the fact that any DJ can do a "old school hip-hop" set at a party and just throw on TROY and all the hipster kids go "OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH" in unison when they were sperm when the song dropped drives me nuts. People that genuinely appreciate the song, fine, no problems.

I always love when it comes on too. But for the people that like it "because they are supposed to" that shyt drives me crazy. Also because it's a fall back record for DJs that suck. If they're losing a crowd they can just put TROY on and get that forced fake "oh shyt" reaction.

Along with Shook Ones it's probably my favorite song so no hate here.

muzikfrk75

Daps
Reppin
I'm gonna catch shyt for this, but read through before you judge. I also will preface this by saying it's a top 3 hip-hop song of ALL TIME to me. I'm not really overrating the song, rather than some of its audience.

T.R.O.Y. WAIT...Let me explain.

The SONG is not overrated, but the fact that any DJ can do a "old school hip-hop" set at a party and just throw on TROY and all the hipster kids go "OOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHH" in unison when they were sperm when the song dropped drives me nuts. People that genuinely appreciate the song, fine, no problems.

I always love when it comes on too. But for the people that like it "because they are supposed to" that shyt drives me crazy. Also because it's a fall back record for DJs that suck. If they're losing a crowd they can just put TROY on and get that forced fake "oh shyt" reaction.

Along with Shook Ones it's probably my favorite song so no hate here.

It's not overrated...just overplayed. Same with Dwyck.

Ian1362

david ruffin in the flesh
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
c/s this song sucks

I will cosign this too

Rubin is cool for all that he did to establish hip hop but that incessant droning guitar lick na nuhhhh for 5 minutes

srsly wtf

remix by Cookin Soul is way better

Last edited by a moderator:

Hussein Fonzarelli

The Whitey Corp.
Daps
song still sucks...I hated it on hip-hop club nights in early 00s and I hate it now

its just a corny ass song

Hussein Fonzarelli

The Whitey Corp.
Daps
rockwilder is trash also

the only thing that made that corny ass song was "la la la la la la la la laaaaaaaaaa" at the end

but other than that, its trash

i think this thread will show how disposable, short-termed and overall irrelevant a hip-hop "hit" is.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
]Nas math was just :scusthov: shyt made NO sense,[/B] he even admitted he wasnt saying anything either

Jesus died at age 33, there's thirty-three shots
from twin glocks there's sixteen apiece, that's thirty-two
Which means, one of my guns was holdin 17
Twenty-seven hit your crew, six went into you

Why?

Doesnt a glock hold 16, plus 1 in the chamber? That would be 17 in one gun.....thu 16+17 which would equal 33.

It all works out.