Daps
Reppin
SN1
00's cast of edgelords with tragic and predictable pasts
the fukk is edgelord? :francis:

after a google search, that word doesn't fit any of the characters. tragic pasts is a bad thing now? so characters should just be bland with no past or never had a problem in their life? It's a show about war of course people have sad pasts, its what motivates them through out the show.

:martin:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
the fukk is edgelord? :francis:

after a google search, that word doesn't fit any of the characters. tragic pasts is a bad thing now? so characters should just be bland with no past or never had a problem in their life? It's a show about war of course people have sad pasts, its what motivates them through out the show.

:martin:
is that what i said though? :comeon:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
then whats the problem with having a tragic past? that it fits a character trope? most characters in everything do, theres nothing wrong with it.
because they aren't even characters - just straight up cut outs of events. that's my issue

making a character's past a focus is never a problem. when that is ALL that character is though? trash.

Daps
Reppin
SN1
because they aren't even characters - just straight up cut outs of events. that's my issue

making a character's past a focus is never a problem. when that is ALL that character is though? trash.

and thats not the case with 00's characters at all so I have no idea what your going on about.

Daps
Reppin
SN1
The main character is exactly what I'm describing :mindblown:
Setsuna is motivated by his past to create a better future. It's not all that defines him though, his letters to Marina, the Ptolemaios, he has a lot more going on than just trying to get revenge on Ali Al-Saachez

and one character isn't "the characters" there are a lot of dope characters on Gundam 00

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Setsuna is motivated by his past to create a better future. It's not all that defines him though, his letters to Marina, the Ptolemaios, he has a lot more going on than just trying to get revenge on Ali Al-Saachez

and one character isn't "the characters" there are a lot of dope characters on Gundam 00
how is that not cliche bullshyt :heh:

no wonder you liked sword art online

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
So all you care about is the characters being tropes like I suspected, got it.

Using this as an insult like Sword Art isn't one of the most popular animes ever. :mjlol:
popular means what. one man likes it so you like it too :dame:

were you glued to the screen for that incest shyt :dame: word? :dame:

and being or NOT being tropes? Again - if you're gonna call 00 emo compared to IBO, then you're not adding up. Setsuna being the very definition of a cardboard cut out main character kinda spells it out. The side characters ain't much better at all.

Daps
Reppin
SN1
popular means what. one man likes it so you like it too :dame:

were you glued to the screen for that incest shyt :dame: word? :dame:

and being or NOT being tropes? Again - if you're gonna call 00 emo compared to IBO, then you're not adding up. Setsuna being the very definition of a cardboard cut out main character kinda spells it out. The side characters ain't much better at all.

Your trying to say "no wonder you like SAO" like I'm weird for liking it. It's one of the most popular animes ever, most people who watch it like it.

What incest shyt? A girl in love with her brother that leads to nothing like what happens in many animes? Thats a anime trope itself and it lasted what one episode?

I already said I haven't watched IBO, but 00 isn't emo at all. A lot of the best animes have "cardboard cutout" main characters, its the side characters or the other main characters who are usually the best characters. There is nothing emo about having been through war and tragedy.