Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
^dont see how they dont tbh, its pretty damn popular and the original manga has a lot more material

They'd pass the redraw doing that tho and that's the version madhouse is basing this off of.

I read they're gonna do a couple more OVAs hopefully they get to the hero hunt

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Yeah, I was actually surprised. There was supposed to be a lot more to it, and they changed up a couple things... including the ending. I guess to leave it on a cliffhanger for the possibility of a Season 2, but they really should've followed how it was in the LN.

Mind telling me in a spoiler what was suspossed to happen?

Hyperion

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land of The North
Hmm. What did they leave out?

From the LN:
Somewhere else, at the time Hagun Academy's investiture was being carried out―

Under a deserted highway overpass―

「Ha ha ha, then Hagun's roster has also been set, I see. It's extremely unexpected that Raikiri, Runner's High, and that Lorelei will not be there, but...」

"It can't be helped. Because those two people had poor luck in the lottery."

「Well, luck is a kind of strength. If they were defeated in a lottery, they were only that level of knight. ―And, well if the same happened to Ouma-kun, I don't think I'd say the same. 」

"It doesn't matter, you know."

「So cold-hearted, I see. Well, that's fine. I believe everything has been prepared over there?」

"Yes, there are no problems. Lorelei being defeated was beyond expectations, but… it won't hinder the plan. ―She can be done in at any time."

「Ha ha ha. The current master of assassination. Your skill is unquestionable. As expected for our Black Assassin who cleared the Killing House's highest record score. ―No, right now, you're the Black Sonia, right? Our comrade, Arisuin.」

Arisuin's visage at that moment did not fit the friendly one he showed every day to Ikki and the others. It was a cold expression. It did not appear to be an expression a person with human emotions would wear, an appearance like glasswork. At a glance, one would probably mistake him for another person.

But as he was now, he had a dangerous beauty that can't be called violent.

「In any case, let's say that the preparations for the eve of the Festival have been done.」

While revealing a laugh that scoffed at everything in the world, the person on the other end of the phone call that Arisuin was making, which Arisuin was making with a student datapad different from that of Hagun, coughed with a voice in some kind of ecstasy.

「The actors are all present―everyone thinks so, yes? But that's not quite true. The leading actor hasn't entered the stage yet. No one even knows that the leading actor exists. So let's inform them. To enter the stage from below the curtain, and strike the faces of those pretentious enough to think themselves the leading actor, and reveal it all to the audience. --The leading actor of this Seven Stars Sword-Art Festival will be us, Akatsuki.」

The stage was changing to the whole country, and the story was starting to move. As if creeping near―it brought along an ominous, despicable sound.

Kenny West

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
is the redraw completely different or something?
It adds a lot including extra story elements yet re-tells the original faithfully. Murata's art in the redraw was the basis of a lot of the badassery in the fight scenes.

I haven't read the original through yet tho

kingdarius

Wtf u talkin bout? Ya Bish
Daps
Reppin
FayetteNam, North Carolina #byrdgang
It adds a lot including extra story elements yet re-tells the original faithfully. Murata's art in the redraw was the basis of a lot of the badassery in the fight scenes.

I haven't read the original through yet tho
oh ok i see now....damn guess it'll be awhile for the 2nd season then

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
From the LN:
Somewhere else, at the time Hagun Academy's investiture was being carried out―

Under a deserted highway overpass―

「Ha ha ha, then Hagun's roster has also been set, I see. It's extremely unexpected that Raikiri, Runner's High, and that Lorelei will not be there, but...」

"It can't be helped. Because those two people had poor luck in the lottery."

「Well, luck is a kind of strength. If they were defeated in a lottery, they were only that level of knight. ―And, well if the same happened to Ouma-kun, I don't think I'd say the same. 」

"It doesn't matter, you know."

「So cold-hearted, I see. Well, that's fine. I believe everything has been prepared over there?」

"Yes, there are no problems. Lorelei being defeated was beyond expectations, but… it won't hinder the plan. ―She can be done in at any time."

「Ha ha ha. The current master of assassination. Your skill is unquestionable. As expected for our Black Assassin who cleared the Killing House's highest record score. ―No, right now, you're the Black Sonia, right? Our comrade, Arisuin.」

Arisuin's visage at that moment did not fit the friendly one he showed every day to Ikki and the others. It was a cold expression. It did not appear to be an expression a person with human emotions would wear, an appearance like glasswork. At a glance, one would probably mistake him for another person.

But as he was now, he had a dangerous beauty that can't be called violent.

「In any case, let's say that the preparations for the eve of the Festival have been done.」

While revealing a laugh that scoffed at everything in the world, the person on the other end of the phone call that Arisuin was making, which Arisuin was making with a student datapad different from that of Hagun, coughed with a voice in some kind of ecstasy.

「The actors are all present―everyone thinks so, yes? But that's not quite true. The leading actor hasn't entered the stage yet. No one even knows that the leading actor exists. So let's inform them. To enter the stage from below the curtain, and strike the faces of those pretentious enough to think themselves the leading actor, and reveal it all to the audience. --The leading actor of this Seven Stars Sword-Art Festival will be us, Akatsuki.」

The stage was changing to the whole country, and the story was starting to move. As if creeping near―it brought along an ominous, despicable sound.
I knew it.