tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Jigo ended today. Solid episode overall. Yuzuhira offering up a nice thought as a cliff hanger What if Gabimaru's wife isn't real. Add that his memory loss at the end of the episode put things at an interesting point.

Here we got 41 - 44 adapted along with a bit of 45 as well. Few notes regarding about this episode coming from a manga reader perspective.

Cour 2 I assume would start at Ch. 36 following the after credits scene in this episode. Also imo they need to come back to Ch. 44 and Shion give his full explanation to the group as it got cut out assuming they wanted to finish with the cliff hanger of what if Gabimaru's wife isn't real. Those details are very important. Without them the fight scenes coming up are confusing.

If you want to read the manga I would start at Ch. 36 and then move to Ch. 44. More then likely I expect either Winter or Spring 2024 to be when S2 airs.

All things considered solid adaptation. Not the best of Mappas work but for most other studios this would be considered a solid adaptation. Like I mentioned before animation needs to be more consistent in S2/pt 2 as it becomes more fight centric.

Screen_Shot_2023-07-01_at_2.01.03_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-07-01_at_2.06.26_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-07-01_at_2.11.25_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-07-01_at_2.11.33_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-07-01_at_2.11.37_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-07-01_at_2.18.53_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-07-01_at_2.21.10_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-07-01_at_2.23.26_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-07-01_at_2.28.16_PM.png

Screen_Shot_2023-07-01_at_2.28.16_PM.png

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Hell's Paradise had a very solid first season. I feel the world building in this show is great, and it feels like the stakes are high in the story

I just hope we don't stay too long on the amnesia storyline because I feel those arcs don't usually hit that well if it overstays it's welcome. I feel Gabimuru's wife has to be real, but I do find it an interesting theory Yuzuriha came up with. It's going to be interesting to see the reset and to see if his fighting style changes because there's a reason why dude was feared.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Watch the first episode of Ayaka an anime original. Seems interesting has promise. Mc seems to be forced to evacuate the island and was put in a foster home till he graduated middle school. Then one of his father's disciples comes picks him up. Need more information regarding this.

Mc seems to have some water abilities. Tho it could be a universal ability so hard to say. Animation and art looked solid. It has promise hopefully it turns out solid.

Angles between what the father's plans were and who is the mother do seem pretty intriguing.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It's been a long time and might not be popular around these parts but Gundam Seed is back.

Low expectations but still watching it.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
While I do think Witch from Mercury was enjoyable it didn't quite live up to its potential. Do plan to watch the whole series slowly once I catch up with Bleach, but this is the classic case of executing a great setup and not living up to it. Like no episode in S2 came even close to the quality of the prolouge. They did a really good job with Suletta's arc so it wasn't all bad. But still so many plot points was so rushed. I do think the series did its thing in introducing Gundam to a new generation of anime fans.

Prolouge > S1 >>> S2

for me.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Since this season ended made a quick tier list.

my-image_14.png

• Vinland Saga, Golden Kamuy, OnK and Boku Yaba were the best from last season. All of them elevated the source material in various different ways.
    • Vinland Saga is the one where you either love it or you feel uncertain about because of the tone switch from S1. But you can tell it was all planned out. S1 did a great job at setting up the world and antagonists. S2 reminded you that Thorfinn is the Mc despite all these things. The contrast between the paths Thorfinn and Caunte have taken since they first met was beautifully written :wow:
    • Golden Kamuy doing what Golden Kamuy does. Another great season with great writing, plot, action and comedy.
    • OnK adapting the prologue in 1 long episode was a great decison. Since early on the tone of the series completely changes after the prolouge/ volume 1 would be covered. Ep 1 is all you need to know if this series is for you and not.
    • The Dangers in my Heart/Boku Yaba is easily one of the best ongoing Romance manga and S1 delivered that perfectly. It wasn't a 1:1 adaptation, but it covered everything it need to. For romance fans its a must watch.
  • The great basically are also really good. Just not quite on the level of the ones above it for me.
    • Skip and Loafer as a coming of age SoL is great. It's one of the few anime that is an easy recommend kind of like how SxF is easy to recommend. Great cast and unlike most high school anime the high school aspect actually has meaning to it.
    • My opinion of Heavenly Delusion is lower then most since I personally don't like the two timeline structure. But beyond that the anime was amazing. And absolutely a must watch. The rape episode us just something that puts me off since the author didn't need to go that far to give Kiruko the development he wanted to give her/him.
    • Birdie Wing is simply an entertaining golf anime. Which in truth sounds very contradicting, but works. Only issue is that S2 towards the end was rushed and you could tell they had S3 written out, but weren't cleared to have a 3rd season. S2 did have melodrama in it, but nothing that would turn someone off from trying it.
    • Dr Stone does what Dr. Stone does and delivered another great season. This season is more on par so far with S1 then S2 if you had issues with S2.
    • World Dai Star being a coming of age theater anime isn't for everyone. But it is a very enjoyable at what it does with a protagonist that is incredibly easy to root for. The animation was so creative and hopefully more originals get the lvoe that this one got.
  • The last row I will explain is the Good with issues. Which is more catering to if you like the genres and how much the issues in the show that bothers you.
    • Loving Yamada is a typical Shoujo Romance. The path during the season was weird, but the finale did deliver. But if you don't like Shoujo romance this aint one to try.
    • Ranking of Kings is a filler season, but it is a rare good filler season. Since it elevated all the stuff from S1. But if you are looking for plot this aint the place as it doesn't push the story forward.
    • Jigo manga is easily one of my favorites. But this clearly wasn't Mappa's best work. Hopefully in cour 2 we get more consistently animation so Jigo gets the adaptation that lives up to the manga.
    • Goddess Cafe Terrace is the rare good harem rom-com. It does a great job at developing each of the 5 girls. Hayato is an actual good mc in a genre where it is notably terrible. Budget feels very meh here but the source material is strong enough to overcome that. Admittly the art of the anime is disappointing.
    • Megumin spinoff is a case off offering something different from the main series, but it is good, but not what you want. Like comedy wise it struggles early on since Megumin needs someone else to help with the comedy. The nun character is a good example here. The spinoff is a great supplement, but on its own it clearly has issues.
  • Both Demon Slayer and Gundam in this part had some amazing episodes but also some terrible ones. Demon Slayer was a case of pacing that was too slow and Gundam was the case of pacing that is too fast. Goes to show pacing can really cause issues for a show.
  • Everything else I wouldn't recommend watching out of a weekly format.
  • I will acknowledge Home Hero as a drop was a more case of the animation issues being glaring early and me just wanting to read the manga first. But beyond that from I heard the anime is super solid,.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Since this season ended made a quick tier list.

my-image_14.png

• Vinland Saga, Golden Kamuy, OnK and Boku Yaba were the best from last season. All of them elevated the source material in various different ways.
    • Vinland Saga is the one where you either love it or you feel uncertain about because of the tone switch from S1. But you can tell it was all planned out. S1 did a great job at setting up the world and antagonists. S2 reminded you that Thorfinn is the Mc despite all these things. The contrast between the paths Thorfinn and Caunte have taken since they first met was beautifully written :wow:
    • Golden Kamuy doing what Golden Kamuy does. Another great season with great writing, plot, action and comedy.
    • OnK adapting the prologue in 1 long episode was a great decison. Since early on the tone of the series completely changes after the prolouge/ volume 1 would be covered. Ep 1 is all you need to know if this series is for you and not.
    • The Dangers in my Heart/Boku Yaba is easily one of the best ongoing Romance manga and S1 delivered that perfectly. It wasn't a 1:1 adaptation, but it covered everything it need to. For romance fans its a must watch.
  • The great basically are also really good. Just not quite on the level of the ones above it for me.
    • Skip and Loafer as a coming of age SoL is great. It's one of the few anime that is an easy recommend kind of like how SxF is easy to recommend. Great cast and unlike most high school anime the high school aspect actually has meaning to it.
    • My opinion of Heavenly Delusion is lower then most since I personally don't like the two timeline structure. But beyond that the anime was amazing. And absolutely a must watch. The rape episode us just something that puts me off since the author didn't need to go that far to give Kiruko the development he wanted to give her/him.
    • Birdie Wing is simply an entertaining golf anime. Which in truth sounds very contradicting, but works. Only issue is that S2 towards the end was rushed and you could tell they had S3 written out, but weren't cleared to have a 3rd season. S2 did have melodrama in it, but nothing that would turn someone off from trying it.
    • Dr Stone does what Dr. Stone does and delivered another great season. This season is more on par so far with S1 then S2 if you had issues with S2.
    • World Dai Star being a coming of age theater anime isn't for everyone. But it is a very enjoyable at what it does with a protagonist that is incredibly easy to root for. The animation was so creative and hopefully more originals get the lvoe that this one got.
  • The last row I will explain is the Good with issues. Which is more catering to if you like the genres and how much the issues in the show that bothers you.
    • Loving Yamada is a typical Shoujo Romance. The path during the season was weird, but the finale did deliver. But if you don't like Shoujo romance this aint one to try.
    • Ranking of Kings is a filler season, but it is a rare good filler season. Since it elevated all the stuff from S1. But if you are looking for plot this aint the place as it doesn't push the story forward.
    • Jigo manga is easily one of my favorites. But this clearly wasn't Mappa's best work. Hopefully in cour 2 we get more consistently animation so Jigo gets the adaptation that lives up to the manga.
    • Goddess Cafe Terrace is the rare good harem rom-com. It does a great job at developing each of the 5 girls. Hayato is an actual good mc in a genre where it is notably terrible. Budget feels very meh here but the source material is strong enough to overcome that. Admittly the art of the anime is disappointing.
    • Megumin spinoff is a case off offering something different from the main series, but it is good, but not what you want. Like comedy wise it struggles early on since Megumin needs someone else to help with the comedy. The nun character is a good example here. The spinoff is a great supplement, but on its own it clearly has issues.
  • Both Demon Slayer and Gundam in this part had some amazing episodes but also some terrible ones. Demon Slayer was a case of pacing that was too slow and Gundam was the case of pacing that is too fast. Goes to show pacing can really cause issues for a show.
  • Everything else I wouldn't recommend watching out of a weekly format.
  • I will acknowledge Home Hero as a drop was a more case of the animation issues being glaring early and me just wanting to read the manga first. But beyond that from I heard the anime is super solid,.
Raeliana got dropped. Damn I thought it was solid. Yuri Is My Job was decent until about the middle then went off a cliff.

T-K-G

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Starkset
I mean its more so them being able to put out quality episodes. Considering Mappa still got JJK and AoT for this year. And considering how it will be more and more fight centric going forward. Animation gotta be more consistent. Tho I do expect the finale to finish up this season nice.

It will prob be better then the generic loser protagonist gets reincarnated to an OP protagonist. That has a harem by lifting a finger. Premise of vending machine is silly enough I will give it a try.

But yea this season is essentially sequel heavy. Looking at them
  • JJK S2
  • MT S2
  • Bleach
  • Horimiya
  • BSD S5
There is more sequels but the rest of them are garbage ones. But I think there are still something that are worth a shot.

• Helck - Everywhere I see this series people praise this series. I am def gonna give it a shot.
  • Dark Gathering - A supernatural horror series. I read the first two volumes and so far it is very good. Even with it being supernatural horror the characters have a nice charm to put them, which brings it up for me.
  • Undead Girl Murder face - very interesting premise and it being supernatural mystery. It could have potential.
  • Zom 100 - I see this show getting hype. It seems like the type of series that could be dumb fun.
im here for Baki season 2 as well, they just keep finding ridiculous ways to have these nikkas pull up, s1 ended right before a big fight i think too

dude got to smash for the first time and his combat skill jumped up like 20 levels :mjlol:

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Witch of mercury had a nice ending I really liked it need a rewatch see how I truly feel bout it tho
Gonna have to watch other gundam shows I’ve only seen this and iron blooded
Can’t count gundam wing since I don’t remember shyt bout it
Same it’s gonna be my next binge watch after I catch up with bleach.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
MT Ep 0 is basically outlining what happened to Sylphie after the disaster at the end of S1 pt 1. It was nice to get this as episode 0 since I assume the main body of the episode will obviously be from Rudy's pov and the content here seemed to be needed.

Next episode we get the clear focus back on Rudy like we did from S1 judging by the episode 1 title.