42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
About to watch Serial Experiments Lain. I want to see how it is compared to something like Paranoia Agent. :lupe:
Lain is better, but its... pretty unfriendly about how it walks the viewers through certain points.

It'll feel like you don't know what the fukk is going on - but that's part of the ride. SEL was one of the best and pioneers of the genre.
Who is a Mark?
The RDCWorld guys

Calebcity and Mark both ran circles around Vader and he was the one with the big head start.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Finished original Gundam. Amuro almost redeemed himself in the end when he stopped the incessant bytching and carried out his responsibilities as an ace pilot. It only took physical abuse and his comrades dying to protect him for that change to happen.

Bright was my favorite character in this. He slapped sense into Amuro who eventually got the message & managed so many difficult roles at once without faltering as captain of White Base. This was a 19 y/o with no prior experience who had to lead a warship while babysitting a bunch of bratty kids Makes total sense why he'd be so upset at Amuro for acting immature when he himself is in a similar position and chooses to carry out his responsibilities rather than run from them.

I now know what the "Bright Slap" is. HOF anime moment

fbQq5eT.png

Czt4e3B.png

I knew Gundam has a reputation for people getting killed off for sport so you shouldn't expect anyone to be "safe" in these wars. But I still was taken aback by how that spy girl Kai was simping over died. She was poor with two kid siblings trying to earn money so they could eat. Tried to turn a new leaf at the very end and help to protect the children aboard the White Base and is rewarded by getting caught in an explosion. On the flipside Char headshotting Kycilia with a rocket launcher was just deserts, and Ramba ral went out like a boss.

On to Zeta.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Finished original Gundam. Amuro almost redeemed himself in the end when he stopped the incessant bytching and carried out his responsibilities as an ace pilot. It only took physical abuse and his comrades dying to protect him for that change to happen.

Bright was my favorite character in this. He slapped sense into Amuro who eventually got the message & managed so many difficult roles at once without faltering as captain of White Base. This was a 19 y/o with no prior experience who had to lead a warship while babysitting a bunch of bratty kids Makes total sense why he'd be so upset at Amuro for acting immature when he himself is in a similar position and chooses to carry out his responsibilities rather than run from them.

I now know what the "Bright Slap" is. HOF anime moment

fbQq5eT.png

Czt4e3B.png

I knew Gundam has a reputation for people getting killed off for sport so you shouldn't expect anyone to be "safe" in these wars. But I still was taken aback by how that spy girl Kai was simping over died. She was poor with two kid siblings trying to earn money so they could eat. Tried to turn a new leaf at the very end and help to protect the children aboard the White Base and is rewarded by getting caught in an explosion. On the flipside Char headshotting Kycilia with a rocket launcher was just deserts, and Ramba ral went out like a boss.

On to Zeta.
Ramba Ral :salute:

Char really dropped a mixtape on everyone he came across low key. Amuro is just a fukking brat who happens to be Jesus in the cockpit.

Xrsl28f.gif

Like just look at this skinny jean wearing punk talking slick because he was born with gifts he never earned or deserved :scust: Bright had every reason to slap him right into his cheerleader. If anything his restraint is underappreciated.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps

Char really dropped a mixtape on everyone he came across low key. Amuro is just a fukking brat who happens to be Jesus in the cockpit.

Xrsl28f.gif

Like just look at this skinny jean wearing punk talking slick because he was born with gifts he never earned or deserved :scust: Bright had every reason to slap him right into his cheerleader. If anything his restraint is underappreciated.

Fraw should've gotten some licks in too for how Amuro ignores her all the damn time. She was even ready to hop in the Gundam just to cover for his dumbass :mjlol:

"My dad never hit me:mjcry:"

"He went easy on you:scust: "

:mjlol:Bright was great

louisvandross

the lesbian converter
Daps
Reppin
OG Coli Night
How y’all compare this to the 03 version?

The ending of the series' is the biggest difference between the two. I like some of the voice actors and dialogue/jokes better in the 03, but the final dozen episodes are so :trash: that fma: brotherhood is the superior show.

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London

Xrsl28f.gif

Fun fact, the original author of Gundam, Yoshiyuki Tomino wasn't impressed by the voice actor of Amuro, Tōru Furuya when he voiced this scene, so out of frustration he walked into the recording chamber and slapped him physically, this is where the famous line "you.... hit me" came from. After, Tomino ordered Furuya : "Use that tone in the scene."

Apparently he punched him in the gut, but all I know these Japanese dons don't play games. :hubie:

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.

Xrsl28f.gif

Should I tell him how they turned Bright into a bytch in Zeta and getting smacked around by nikkas he outrank

Last edited: