Auger

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
6ix
So what order does one watch the Rebuild of Evangelion? If the last thing you watched was End of Evangelion?

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
So what order does one watch the Rebuild of Evangelion? If the last thing you watched was End of Evangelion?

Watch them in order. Rebuild is basically a new perspective on the series. It's not a summary, or a retread. It has a lot of similar points and of course the main characters are all there, but it's a new story.

Data-Hawk

I have no strings on me.
Daps
Reppin
Oasis
Found Fatal Fury on prime . Damn haven’t seen this movie since I was about 16/17. Movie bring back memories. Lol

Wish the other 2 movies were on there.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It's been a long time since I watched Eva. Did it always have so much fan service?

About an hour into the second movie. shyt just got real.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
The second half of movie 2 is glorious. I wasn't ready for how crazy it got. It started out so tame. We're definitely into new territory here.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I feel like I went from the highest of the highs to the lowest of the lows. That 3rd Eva movie wasn't all that enjoyable. My hopes for the 4th one aren't that high. It's like Eureka Seven Pocketful of Rainbows all over again. The divergence point was 2 which ended in an interesting place but 3 kinda fumbled the ball.

Swiggy

The King of Comedy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit, MI
@Jmare007 I watched it again.

The best part of it was how it tied it all up, and confirmed what so many pretty much felt this all was: a time loop.

First off, Mari is Ms. Steal-Your-Mans with how she showed up, and he found peace with a piece like her :laugh: He was finally like "Naw, I'm not really about these Rei/Asuka/MIsato tears no mo. Y'all go ahead and find ya own shyt. I'mma scream SHAZAAM and start bussin RAW in Mari :dead:

But this was the epitome of epic anime beauty. If you have a gully home theater setup, you were rewarded by this presentation. It was made to be seen on the big screen, and I'mma humble brag about my 100" projecor setup allowing the best possible experience I could have. I don't think there is an animation that hits as hard on feels and looks as visually stunning. They were fukking PLAYING with us when they decided to animate the WATER the way they did. CGI was only sus on the MOCAP 3 vs 13 scrap in Tokyo 3, and that was only a few dozen seconds of it. The rest of the movie was perfectly crafted from a visual standpoint, and the audio was just as amazing as it was in 3.33.

I knew Fakanami was gonna die, but I wasn't ready for EOE-level of her losing her personal A/T field. Once that happened, you knew shyt was about to be about it.

Asuka scumming it up with nudity at Ken-Ken's spot was just grimy. You know he was bussin in that 14 year old appearance she had :mjlit:

It's amazing how the 4th film had plenty of world building to do, and the ground level of post 3rd Impact was interesting as fukk, especially thos headless Evas just Walking Deading the fukk all over the planet.

I'm glad we cleaned up that business of Misato ragging when Shinji showed up on Wunder in 3.33. She was out there cheering his broken-ass on to do shyt for him, then slid back into the bushes like Homer and came out with a new team :laugh:

Pink bytch and Suzahara's sister were trippin pulling straps on Misato and Shinji :mjlol: Simply the WORST moment in the whole Rebuild series :russ:

GENDO GOT THAT OMEGA LEVEL SCOTT SUMMERS OPTIC BLAST :damn:

The fight going through all the old settings could be shyt on, but I thought this movie was able to utilize homages to the point of being important to the narrative. The best part was them tussling in Misato's kitchen :laugh:

Damn, Rei's essence was still in there, and the scene were Mari was talking about how important hair was set up Rei's appearance flawlessly.

Asuka being a secret series of vessels herself made sense. I wonder if that was planned from OG series. Was she the only one that made it?

Gendo's origin being revealed was the best touch, and Shinji finally being mentally competent was exactly what everyone waited for since the OG series. Excellent growth.

So... Kourou is God? Is that what's implied?

Kaji's role needs to be spelled out to me as well. I'll Reddit that up later.

Kaji and Misato having a child was a nice touch.

That's all I got, but this was exactly what we waited all this time for, breh. Our patience was rewarded, and we can put this chapter we messaged back and forth about to rest. We seen the end, and all's right in the world.

:salute: Anno

EDIT:

I just read she was shoehorned in, but then became to Shinji what Anno's wife became to him: representation of him moving past his depression and getting on with life :mjcry:

Last edited:

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
After watching evangelion, end of eva, and rebuild 1-3 of evangelion ages ago it seems so surreal that after all these years, the movie just dropped like that. This is like HxH being picked up by an anime studio for real again. I basically @ big boss and assumed it was over.

I think I might rewatch all the previous rebuilds and then go into 3.0+1.0 .

I remember enjoying the OG series. I also liked some parts of end of eva but it was the first anime where I thought "this is too much fukkery" and had to pause the movie 3/4th through to take a walk and reflect on wtf I was watching. :dwillhuh: now I can get a full grasp on rebuild too.

:mjcry:goodbye to all of evangelion