TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
:whew: Akudama got Grim n Gritty this week. Ep felt very 80's

i have no idea what to expect from akudama drive week to week. fun show. will get even better when the BD releases remove censorship.
These posts feel like they could be about my experience watching Majo No Tabitabi. I've spoken on the show before but it keeps going from upbeat slice of life 'witch adventures' to nihilistic 'witch sees all that is empty in the world'. This ep did the old 'go back in time to prevent bad thing from happening' plot but they took it way further in how fukking brutal it was and how much the failed attempt ends up destroying the protagonists' minds.

The ep actually started with an "explicit content" warning and it somehow was still more explicit than I thought it would get. :picard:

Straw Hat Luffy

Veteran
Daps
Finished watching the Berserk movies.

shyt was blowing my high. I was trying to watch on the big-screen but every other second Casca's titties popped out.

Thank god I switched to my laptop by movie 3.

Griffith was wyling too much with my family around.

The axe murderer

For I am death and I ride on a pale horse
Daps
crrrkpy92t161.png

Mumen was with the shyts

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
What shounen do you think had a strong start? I feel like a lot of shounen (more than other genres) start off pretty meh and then build/grow from there

Black Clover, as much as I praise that show in here, started off weak :yeshrug:I'll admit it
DBZ: Hear me out here. Considering they aired this before the ending of Dragon Ball in North America, and there was such a massive timeskip in the series, the beginning lowkey could have been clearer. They didn't give much context to whats going on. Even if you did watch Dragon Ball, you'd still be a little confused with Piccolo Jr. casually hanging around.
One Piece: It's Shanks stans in this thread so I'll leave it alone but y'all know what I want to say :mjpls:
Bleach: The first couple episodes of this show are amazing on their own (you could watch those exclusively and call it a day) but do a horrible job of showing what BLEACH will be during Soul Society arc and beyond.
Demon Slayer: First couple episodes are trash :snoop: I pulled a track 1 and walked out. It does get better but though.
HxH: A lot of brehs who come in here didn't even make it to the hunter exam without second guessing this show because of how it started. The new adaptation did a better job of introducing the characters but then omitted Kite. Considering the ant arc appears in the remake and not the original, this is even more unfortunate.
YYH: The first couple episodes are great but since you aren't as drawn into the characters at the beginning as you will be later, you won't appreciate these episodes as much until a second watch-through. If some of these types of episodes were placed later on, I think they would have way higher reception.

The shounen I think have stronger starts are generally shorter battle shounen or non-battle shounen
Kill La Kill starts of really strong and is shorter
Soul Eater also starts off strong and is shorter
The Promised Neverland probably has the GOAT intro of a shounen, and falls under non-battle shounen
Death Note is one of the best starter anime because it starts off strong and is non-battle.

The only long running shounen that are battle-centric that come out the gates strong is MHA and Zatch Bell.

What do brehs in this thread think?

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I think most Shounen need "investment time". Introducing a crew of characters, developing them, making them stronger through battle, it takes time. You really can't expect something to jump out of the gate at 100% and often when they try they hit a wall sooner or later the more they draw it out.