What Age Should You Leave Your Parents Place?

1970s HeRon Flow

Takin Penitentiary Chances
Daps
Reppin
Down Slauson Ave
depends on where you live, bay area/la/nyc/dc i could definitely see people staying until 25, at that point i think you need to get out if for nothing other than to learn some responsibility. living in places where a decent 1bd is $1500+, no need to rush especially if you have student loans

It was fun living on your own,evn more wit yo gf,but once we broke up i could afford to keep the place and still do the things i enjoyed doin,so back wit my moms for now,but i pay rent up in this bytch,bout $500 including the internet and cable bill i pay for,il good for now,plus we on opposite sides of the house and i got my own entrance :lolbron:

Daps
Reppin
New Orleans via NYC
i moved out when i was 19, I would've when i was 18 but i had some charges and shyt i hate to take care of...anyway I think you should move out as soon as possible but thats just me.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
It all depends. We all want to independent and have our own place. There's personal pride in that. And, your parents have pride when you make it on your own too. If you have to live at home because of circumstances, there's no shame in that if it's better than being homeless.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When you can afford to. NO point in struggling to make rent and starving just because you hit a certain age.

I used to think that too, but after a certain age I think you should move out regardless.

(from my own personal experiences)

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
I got a homie dat is 27 moved back home because he got laid off and hard times came thru crushin da buildings. He found another job but he's stackin his paper so he can buy his own crib. Yeah it's funny to throw jokes at folks but eveybody has their own situations. I try not to judge cats on dat front because i could easily be in their shoes and i know i wouldn't like it if somebody was trynna clown my situation and didnt know the details of why i'm in it.

Times is ruff for alot of people out chea. I stay appreciatin where i'm at. :manny:

kash10003

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
you should move out for college. if you come back home after graduation, i give you a year (esp in the last 3 years with the economy) to move out and get your shyt together.

financial and healthcare situation depending obviously

No1

Retired.
Supporter
Daps
I went away for college, but obviously you come home for vacations. But I'm still in school now (post-college). When I graduate then I'll officially be out. I'd be 24.

SuburbanPimp

Giving game to lames since the 90s
Daps
Reppin
In Dallas, From Cleveland
I will actually give some area a pass like L.A., N.Y. and other places where it cost alot to live. but in Dallas. You can get a decent apartment for $450-550 a month so there really ain't no excuse.