Westside Gunn - Pray for Paris (Discussion Thread)

Daps
Gunn in a interview said the track was sent to Roc without telling him Gibbs was on it.
Not that I dislike Roc's verse, but did seem completely disconnected from Gibbs. The signing at the beginning of it was out of place.

AMcV'88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, Downtown, Switzerland
Game Related still the best shyt to drop this year.

I usually like your takes but that Gibbs/Royce take threw me. You really think so?

I liked Royce around Bar Exam 1 when his flow was nuts but other than that, I don't fukk with him at all. his music is terrible and him getting put on some crazy pedestal as an mc out of nowhere a few years ago was baffling to me. Budden prolly partly to blame for that though.

Gibb's I like it and I actually don't think he has any bad albums/tapes but they don't have much staying power and I've said this plenty of times, he sounds great but the bars don't stick for me. Fetti is probably my favorite Gibbs performance.

also, he looks like an undercover cop. ol J Reid.

Ty-Fife

14k Gold Slum Computer Wizard
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
funny how all that "cancelled" talk goes out the window when he's working w/ artists yall like, huh?

:mjpls:

Say what you want about him he's still one of the most successful artists out right now regardless of the antics and nobody can argue that. Motherfukkers going out they way to cop this nikkas sneakers and everything. Anybody that's been fukking with Griselda for the past 4-5 years wouldn't think these nikkas would've got this far. So it's less about Kanye and more about the exposure they're getting, I still remember when no major artists were giving them looks in 2016.

Preach Jackson

All Star
Daps
Reppin
somewhere in southside
This whole project is vicious i’m eating good

giphy.gif

enjoying more than FGIAAG off the first listen