Westside Gunn - Pray for Paris (Discussion Thread)

AJtheOne

Nets/Giants/Yankees
Daps
Reppin
N.E.W. Jerz/#TNT
Shawn vs Flair

ef136e493a65718e462e90104bd64e29f1988073.gif

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
People went OFF on their guest appearances.

Boldy and Wale both came through! And Gibbs! Production is crazy too. I love what Alchemist did on "Claiborne Kick". Couple bar loop, but the vibe on that is so soulful, you don't need anything else on it. I love shyt like that. Daringer is such a huge part of the Griselda sound, you need dude on these projects to set things off. It's cool to get outside production, but that cat is the anchor for that movement. Since b*stard, I've been saying that more people should fukk with Tyler for beats. Maybe after this, dudes will stop sleeping. Production is what he's best at, I don’t know why more people don’t get at him for tracks. You also need Keisha on every project. She's an automatic mood setter for these Westside albums, and always dope.

Really dope project. Everyone seems like they stepped it up for this one. Mad cohesive and soulful. I can tell that I'm going to be playing the shyt out of this for a minute.

Last edited:

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound
Keisha Plum

Violence lingers inside me
Extortion fills my bon apetit
Hog tie him
Make him watch a nikka nut in his wife

He stared to cry
I kissed his cheek and drove a ice pick in his eye

:picard::picard::picard::picard::picard::picard::picard::picard::picard:
Something is wrong with that girl:pachaha::merchant:
Sidenote I thought he might put that new chick they signed on at least a track:jbhmm:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Sounds great except for the Wale feature.

Spot on on this one. Not a Gibbs fan, but he was cool. This nikka Wale stunk up the place. His verse, then trying to do the Gunn adlibs was the first time a Griselda song gave me the :scust: face and it wasn't a good thing. Wish the Preemo joint was more verses, or had Benny and Conway.

Last edited:

TripleAgent

FBA. ZayK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
This shyt aoty so far. This shyt so hip hop. Moving the culture forward. Who else would put this type of shyt together. For real. Stop it. This shyt is wild
Iono..it's early, bit I think I move this to #2 behind Reasonable Drought. Need to let this one sink in more.