CTech83

Pro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY
fukk WD

Im not buying shyt from them lazy b*stards

How about a firmware update for the wd live plus or some new fukking apps...or atleast update the old ones

These motherfukkas dony support their products at all

They threw the WDTV Live Plus in the bushes once they released the newer version. I've got the WDTV Live WiFi and the WDTV Hub. They still release updates for them every few months.

If you've got an HTPC and your rooms are wired up, they make the perfect companion. I've got the HTPC in the living room and can stream my 800+ movies to either bedroom. :blessed:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Also after reading the specs on that, it's not better than Roku.

No League Pass or other sports apps? Nah. Plus for the people who don't know about Plex on Roku, you can stream mkvs straight to it with that app paired with PMS (Plex Media Server) on your PC.

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
...or how about you install Plex Media Server on your PC and then just stream everything to the Roku that's on your computer.

Why would you want to go through the process of downloading some shyt, and then copying it to something else just to watch it?

:ehh:

Guess imma have to do this. I just bought the wife a Roku this weekend, so I haven't really gotten into plex. last one I played with I gave it to pops. What file format can I stream with plex?

edit, nevermind. Just read ur last post. I guess my wife will be watching that alex cross via plex sooner than later.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:ehh:

Guess imma have to do this. I just bought the wife a Roku this weekend, so I haven't really gotten into plex. last one I played with I gave it to pops. What file format can I stream with plex?

edit, nevermind. Just read ur last post. I guess my wife will be watching that alex cross via plex sooner than later.

After you see how the server/Plex app on Roku works you're going to be trying to get the one that you gave your pops back.

:lolbron:

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
plus it lacks mkv support

I wasn't going to get all into it, but yeah the 360's only advantage over these media boxes for content is for sports. That update for ESPN that came out was truly a blessing.

But for these BR Rips? Consoles are in the bushes for that.

The_Sheff

A Thick Sauce N*gga
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATL to MEM
I wasn't going to get all into it, but yeah the 360's only advantage over these media boxes for content is for sports. That update for ESPN that came out was truly a blessing.

But for these BR Rips? Consoles are in the bushes for that.

Yeah but see a lot of people who would be interested in something like this already have a 360, PS3, etc.... so this thing needs to do something that drastically enhances the experience compared to the consoles. Plus you have the next gen of consoles coming that will surely be able to do even more things. If im in the market for one of those i will look and see what they can do before even thinking about something like this WD TV Play.

GoldenGlove

πŸ˜πŸ˜‘πŸ˜ΆπŸ˜‘πŸ˜
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Yeah but see a lot of people who would be interested in something like this already have a 360, PS3, etc.... so this thing needs to do something that drastically enhances the experience compared to the consoles. Plus you have the next gen of consoles coming that will surely be able to do even more things. If im in the market for one of those i will look and see what they can do before even thinking about something like this WD TV Play.

Yeah, but the consoles are going to keep blocking content that's not copped from there stores or on one of their apps.

So while they do have a lot of stuff covered in terms of applications, browser etc... if I can't stream my movies to them, then I have to use something else.

Honestly, I hope these next consoles have full functioning web browsers that work with video sites. Especially the PS4.