Wes Anderson’s ‘Asteroid City’ | Starring Jason Schwartzman, Scarlett Johansson, Tom Hanks, and the rest of Hollywood | In Cinemas 6/16

Json

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Central VA
Is this counter programming to something cause it’s a weird flex for summer movies between this and Oppenheimer

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Is this counter programming to something cause it’s a weird flex for summer movies between this and Oppenheimer
This is opening up against No Hard Feelings, an R-rated raunchy comedy that I’m shocked J Law wasn’t already doing 8 years ago.

June is just packed in general though. Both flicks are gonna be sandwiched in between The Flash and Indy 5.

Last edited:
Daps
Another out there Wes Anderson movie which is actually funny is The Fantastic Mr Fox. It is done stop motion but has a better story than what Anderson has been producing lately.
This looks typical Wes with no real plot to speak of but with incredible art direction which has to be seen on a big screen to enjoy. I will catch this in the theaters because it won't be there very long.
:russ:

Pool_Shark

Can’t move with me in this digital space
Daps
Heard there's a Scarlett Johansson sex scene. How was it?

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
The emotional punch didn’t hit nearly as hard as Wes’ best works, but I thought it was a solid watch. Definitely gonna warrant a rewatch down the road for sure. I felt a little dumb at times attempting to piece things together, yet it still felt more enjoyable than The French Dispatch. The warm color palette and set designs pop and I actually had some genuine laugh out loud moments between the cast here in spite of its lulls.

So I knew the film was gonna talk about aliens but I was NOT expecting one to actually pop out. That was a hilarious, yet low-key freaky reveal.

Homie was cheesin’ for the selfie, and then we find out later it’s just Jeff Goldblum hiding up under there. :russ:

And yeah, Johansson has a full frontal nude scene in a PG-13 film that was quick and vaguely blurry to get past the MPAA.

Tom Hanks is out here portraying grandpas now and fully embracing such. I’ve accepted it…but damn, where did the time go?! :mindblown:

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
So how is this? I stopped following Wes after Grand Budpest and this seemed like it hit a lot of the same notes in Moonrise Kingdom.

Black Excellence

All Star
Daps
Another out there Wes Anderson movie which is actually funny is The Fantastic Mr Fox. It is done stop motion but has a better story than what Anderson has been producing lately.
This looks typical Wes with no real plot to speak of but with incredible art direction which has to be seen on a big screen to enjoy. I will catch this in the theaters because it won't be there very long.
:russ:
The way that this is so accurate lmao.

Idk whether to be :beli: or:ohhh: from watching it.

Maybe I’ll write something longer another time but this was immaculate world building every scene had an artistic importance, every shot was setup with reason, actors were carefully placed at angles, it’s a beautiful movie. I’m trying to think if there was one wasted frame and I can’t think of one. Also it’s really fukking funny.

The problem however is 1. The “secondary plot” & the payoff if you can even call it that.

There was literally no point to the film:dead:

Once again I have to praise the art and directing because literally every scene (at least for the main plot) was captured incredibly but the story? :huhldup: