Wes Anderson’s ‘Asteroid City’ | Starring Jason Schwartzman, Scarlett Johansson, Tom Hanks, and the rest of Hollywood | In Cinemas 6/16

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
4anIDBV.jpg

The 1950’s set film takes place in a fictional American desert town during a Junior Stargazer/Space Cadet convention. Chaos ensues as the event, organized to bring together students and parents from across the country for fellowship and scholarly competition, is spectacularly disrupted by world-changing events.

Last edited:
Daps
I like Wes Anderson but does someone have a link to the trailer? I keep getting Rick Rolled into Tom Hank's terrible old movie Hologram for a King.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
This looks like one of those movies that it's going to be all about the hipsters, than it is the event. I'm definitely not seeing it in theatres, luckily, Focus= Comcast=Universal=Peacock. It will be on streaming before the end of summer

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Surprised Bill Murray isn't in this.
Bill got exposed as a creep again and ironically got Aziz Ansari’s directorial debut shut down by Fox Searchlight as a result. Keke Palmer, who was set to star in the film, made a post on IG a while back alluding to the incident.

But even then…yeah, its weird to not see him in this being a Wes staple and all.